O-1 Visa Extensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-1 Visa Extensions

My company which is a Fortune 500 company is ready to apply for LC (RIR) in NJ around Oct 2002. Now NJ is backed up till April 2001... My six year limit on H1B comes up around Feb 2004... I asked the lawyer whether any law is gonna help me stay in this country beyond 2004....So the lawyer suggested O-1 visa after 6 yrs... Has anyone gone through this? I really need help here .... I looked at job requirements in my LC application... Doesn't look like special reqs...Isn't the INS gonna say "You idiots on 1 hand you're saying the requirements are not special, but the employee is ?" .... Please help!!!!

My company which is a Fortune 500 company is ready to apply for LC (RIR) in NJ around Oct 2002. Now NJ is backed up till April 2001... My six year limit on H1B comes up around Feb 2004... I asked the lawyer whether any law is gonna help me stay in this country beyond 2004....So the lawyer suggested O-1 visa after 6 yrs... Has anyone gone through this? I really need help here .... I looked at job requirements in my LC application... Doesn't look like special reqs...Isn't the INS gonna say "You idiots on 1 hand you're saying the requirements are not special, but the employee is ?" .... Please help!!!!

Comment

O-1 visa? To my understanding and from what I read of O-1 visas, that's a pretty tough visa to get since those with unusually "gifted" talents/skills are granted O-1 visas. The people I know who were able to get this visa are very high profile personalities (in the music industry) with a proven track record. If your lawyer suggests this, then by all means go for it. If the special requirements doesn't seem to look anything special to you, then I'm sure you're halfway there! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X