out of status while in I485 process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of status while in I485 process

While I came to America in 2002 I applied for extension of B1 visa which was approved to 9/15/02 at the same time I applied for the change of status for the working visa 01 which was approved to but from 11/14/02 for 3 years, However the application for the change of status was with the recept date 9/18/02 , which is actually 3 days after my extension was approved. my question is? Was I out of staus? Do I have any chances to legalize my status in here, all the further application I applied for were approved, right now I am in the final proces of I 485?

While I came to America in 2002 I applied for extension of B1 visa which was approved to 9/15/02 at the same time I applied for the change of status for the working visa 01 which was approved to but from 11/14/02 for 3 years, However the application for the change of status was with the recept date 9/18/02 , which is actually 3 days after my extension was approved. my question is? Was I out of staus? Do I have any chances to legalize my status in here, all the further application I applied for were approved, right now I am in the final proces of I 485?

Comment

Sounds like you were out of status to me.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

What is date on the approval notice B-2? If it was before the approval notice date of the O-1 then the last action taken was the approval of the O-1. If the B-2 was approved after the O-1 then the last action taken was the B-2.

Your status is determined by the last action taken

Comment

Working...
        X