X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused!

Hello all.
    I have already sent in my applications I485, I130, and I765. I recieved the receipt notice of the I765 and I130. My husband has already gone for his biometrics appointment.

In the mail I had recieved the receipt notice for the I485 as well, but in it there was an envelope attached and it had been sent to a different address before, and then I guess it was sent back and the error was fixed because I ended up recieving the receipt notice. Well.. the point is our address is 10460 and on the envelope I suppose they made a typo because I saw it had been sent to 10480. In any event.. when I check my status online it says:
    On March 19, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.
    Well I already called and changed the address just in case, and asked for it to be re-sent. I still haven't recieved anything, even though it has been almost a month and the status online hasn't changed.
    Am I worrying too much? Any suggestions on what I should do?? Has this happend to anyone? And does the status change if you ask for it to be re-sent?? Thank you!! Please respond!!

Hello all.
    I have already sent in my applications I485, I130, and I765. I recieved the receipt notice of the I765 and I130. My husband has already gone for his biometrics appointment.

In the mail I had recieved the receipt notice for the I485 as well, but in it there was an envelope attached and it had been sent to a different address before, and then I guess it was sent back and the error was fixed because I ended up recieving the receipt notice. Well.. the point is our address is 10460 and on the envelope I suppose they made a typo because I saw it had been sent to 10480. In any event.. when I check my status online it says:
    On March 19, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.
    Well I already called and changed the address just in case, and asked for it to be re-sent. I still haven't recieved anything, even though it has been almost a month and the status online hasn't changed.
    Am I worrying too much? Any suggestions on what I should do?? Has this happend to anyone? And does the status change if you ask for it to be re-sent?? Thank you!! Please respond!!

Comment

hi theree... you must used the form AR-11 to change your address. Please make sure when you mail it, make it certified... although you called the USCIS to update your address, you still have to send a form which is the AR-11 to update your address. Go to USCIS website to download that form and just follow the instructions that you need. I hope this helps thanks!

Comment

you can do it online now too, although i would do as previously suggested send it certified. Use the A# on the I130 it will be the same for ur hubby.

Comment

Thank you for your replies! I did as nftd3 said, I changed it (althought it didn't need to be) but just in case, I changed it online. And i recieved a letter in the mail already confirming that the address was changed and that they recieved it.
          My question is, should I just continue to wait? It hasn't quite been 30 days yet... and the status online is still the same? Maybe I am worrying to much and should have more patience? What do you think??

Comment

any suggestions???

Comment

sometimes the online status does lag behind the postal system. You said u had a letter already confirming the new(present) address so i would leave it at that as u have already established a paper trail.

Comment

Online status does not change if it is about address change maters. My online status for I-130 showed the sentence about undelivery notice until the day I received approval notice even if the address had been changed long time ago.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation