No announcement yet.

I 485 interview with expired passport !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 485 interview with expired passport !

My passport expired !
    Did any one went to the I485 interview with an expired passport since it has the old visa !
    Should i renew it ?

My passport expired !
    Did any one went to the I485 interview with an expired passport since it has the old visa !
    Should i renew it ?

Comment

Your contry of issuance, should let you keep your old passport if it contains any valid visa.
      So I would renew, and keep the old passport.
      Or just file for the passport reneval.

Hope this help

Comment

You have to renew it, otherwise they will not stamp your passport on the day of the interview if you are approved.

Comment

Hi!

I renewed my passport 2 years ago and my old passport was returned to me. The old one has the date stamped on it when I first entered the U.S.
          When I submitted my AOS applictaion. I photocopied both my old & new passports & submit it to BCIS.

When you do your renewal by mail, remove your I-94 card from your passport. In my case, I just submitted the required forms and my old passport. I also reported my change of status (msingle to married) & our country's embassy here in the U.S. automaticaaly change my name in my new passport.

Your country's embassy will have their own rules & regulations & required fees. So, go ahead and have your passport renewed before your interview for green card.

Comment

Working...
          X