What to do if??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do if??????

You're confronted by a black bear in the woods.
    Wrong response: Play dead.

Smart move: Most black bears are not interested in people and can be scared away, says Tim Smith, a former wilderness EMT and owner of Jack Mountain Bushcraft and Guide Service, in Masardis, Maine. Stand up as tall as you can (hold your arms up to appear bigger), and speak in a deep, loud voice while backing up slowly. If the bear charges or starts to attack, believe it or not, you should fight back vigorously. If you can, hit him in the nose, since that's a bear's main sensory organ. Whatever you do, don't run. "If you run, the bear is going to chase you, and it can run faster than you can," says Smith. However, you should play dead if a brown grizzly bear charges at you, because they typically won't be scared away. (There are no grizzlies east of the Rocky Mountains.)

LOLOLOL!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

You're confronted by a black bear in the woods.
    Wrong response: Play dead.

Smart move: Most black bears are not interested in people and can be scared away, says Tim Smith, a former wilderness EMT and owner of Jack Mountain Bushcraft and Guide Service, in Masardis, Maine. Stand up as tall as you can (hold your arms up to appear bigger), and speak in a deep, loud voice while backing up slowly. If the bear charges or starts to attack, believe it or not, you should fight back vigorously. If you can, hit him in the nose, since that's a bear's main sensory organ. Whatever you do, don't run. "If you run, the bear is going to chase you, and it can run faster than you can," says Smith. However, you should play dead if a brown grizzly bear charges at you, because they typically won't be scared away. (There are no grizzlies east of the Rocky Mountains.)

LOLOLOL!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

We do have them Grizzly Bears down here!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:
        We do have them Grizzly Bears down here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but You Can Carry!!! . and I Am sure you are aware not to aim for chest! . Better Be a head Shot or Groin!!!

Old Field Friendly 45! . Should Knock him out long enough to get away.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:

Yes but You Can Carry!!! . and I Am sure you are aware not to aim for chest! . Better Be a head Shot or Groin!!!

Old Field Friendly 45! . Should Knock him out long enough to get away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just hope you don't have D-ick Cheney on your hunting party MIR LOL
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:

Old Field Friendly 45! . Should Knock him out long enough to get away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just hope you don't have D-ick Cheney on your hunting party MIR LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO WAY!!! LOL. Besides I have Not Hunted In Many Years. However I have Been Approached By Large Black Bear!!! Turkey Hunting With 12 Gauge. A Cub Must have Been Close? Saw Me As Threat. Thank God We Always Hunted Deer and Turkey Same Day. At 100 Feet 2 - 3'Magnums Only Slowed Her For Seconds!!!! Enough time to Load Rifle Slugs. Took Both!!!! Bears Are Adrenalin Factories!!! Takes Alot!!!! If Grizzly .

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just hope you don't have D-ick Cheney on your hunting party MIR LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best argument for Gun Control.

However, I do not believe in gun control when it's a PROVEN FACT that criminals will get guns no matter what!

I'm aware of the 2nd Amendment, and I'm aware that there are restrictions and the Courts are probably reading the 2nd Amendment too broadly, however, in a society that virtually allows a criminal to purchase a gun at "Trunk-Mart", it's not a good idea to keep guns away from those who just want to defend themselves!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just hope you don't have D-ick Cheney on your hunting party MIR LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best argument for Gun Control.

However, I do not believe in gun control when it's a PROVEN FACT that criminals will get guns no matter what!

I'm aware of the 2nd Amendment, and I'm aware that there are restrictions and the Courts are probably reading the 2nd Amendment too broadly, however, in a society that virtually allows a criminal to purchase a gun at "Trunk-Mart", it's not a good idea to keep guns away from those who just want to defend themselves! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

However Once Owned over 30 Different Ones. Now 1. And It Is Antique And The Barrel Pitted Inside. Never To Be Used! Lots Of Airsoft Though! LOLOL. Got A Couple Airsoft That Will Fire 800 In About 30 Seconds at 600 Feet Per Second. LOLOL. If Nothing Else It Will FREAK them Out!!!! LOLOLOL! 100 Yellow Jackets Stinging Them. Probably Pee Themselves!!! LOL!

In This Area, Even If You Protected Self From Criminal By Shooting Them You Would Be In The Miserable Sytem For Years Of Suffering Just Because You Protected Yourself!!! Better To Just Take The Bullet!!!! . Real Shame!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                  Used to have several myself. Down to 1. My favorite. Springfield 1911a-1. Used to have to practive nearly every day. Could unload the magazine before the first piece of brass hit the ground. Not any more. Times are a changing. Different lifestye, differnt uniform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1911 Interarms!!! . Could Buy Ball Ammo Very Cheap!!!!
                  Cheap and Reliable!!!! . Have Fun Shooting All Day For Little $$$$!

My Old Collection Couple 9's Sig, Barretta. Sig 357 Very Nice! But Not Practical, Ammo Too unique! Is Why 45 ACP Is #1 All Around Favorite! Without Ammo Availability Its Useless!!! i Did Shoot a 50 Cal. A Couple Times. OMG!!!!! Black Powder Was Interesting! Many Ranges Limit You To 15 Shots. Those Steel ***** Of Yester Year Did Alot Of Damage!!!! . I Truly Feel For Those Victims Of the Late 1800's Early 1900's!!!

New Rounds Are Fast, Small, Quick! Back Then a 50 Cal. steel Ball! Like A Grizzly Ripping Off Your Arm Or Leg and Still Being Aware!!! I LIED! I Have 1890 Sterlingworth 38 with Octagon Barrel. So D A M N. Heavy You Gotta Shoot Fast after Obtaining The Bead! LOL. Otherwise The Weight Would Gradually Fall! I Truly Feel For Those Of Past, And Great Respect!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                    Steel ball damage is mostly mythical. The fact is, energy transfer is most effective with the softer base projectile. The damage occurs due to energy transfer from the projectile into the material it is passing through.

As an experiment. Try this. Using 4 one gallon milk containers. Fill them with water. Make two targets consisting of two jugs front to back. Take a 45 and 2 rounds. One is your standard mil spec 230 gr hardall. The other the softest lead hollow point. Using the same amount of propellant in each shoot the jugs at about 25 yards.

The two jugs hit by the hardball won't even move. Outside the clean hole front to back a hit is barely noticeable. The two hit by the hollow point will probably explode and there will be bits of lead fragments in the second jug. Depending on how soft the lead is the bullet may still be in the second jug.

The first bullet transfered nearly no energy to the jugs. It merely passed through them both and kept going. There will be little if any bullet distortion if you can find it. The second will be mangled due to the opening of the cavity and subsequent shredding. This translates into more power put where you want it. On the target. They are better for self defense too. If you shoot someone in an apartment with a hardball. It will probably pass through them and through the adjacent wall possibly striking your neighbor. A hollow point will stop in the intruder. Taking them out quicker too.

Other issues come into play such as projectile speed. Which account for mushrooming in higher speed rounds even with a FMJ. But for your average small arms round its best to leave the jacket off in self defense situations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe so??? Yet 2 50. Cal Steel ***** From A 1897 Black Powder Rifle will Split a Telephone pole! Is The Rule Of The Firing Ranges To Limit black Powder Usage! Cant Afford To Keep Replacing The Poles!!!! Damages The Range! Steel 50 Cal. ***** Do Not Reshape!!! As Do New Loads Of Today! They where Intended In design To Keep Going!!!! . Today The Design Wants The Load To Give Optimum Take Down While Still Retaining The Load Within Its Intended Target! Mushrooming!!!! High Velocity That Is Quickly Restrained Upon Entering Target!!!! Supposed To Stay Within Target!!!! the Design!!!! .

OH ****!!! Here I Have Yet Hijacked Another Thread and Diverted Its Original Direction! My Apology!!!

Sometimes I Am LOL!

Comment

Think about the typcial military environemnt it was used in. Back then you had rows of soldiers front to back. A perfect use for a non-deforming projectile. Hit the first one and pass through to hit a second or third down the line. Not the case in a modern battle field. The only reason we still use FMJ is the treaties we signed to limit the amount of damage when hit.

Also, a black powder projectile is substanially heavier than most of the modern era and larger in diameter. This gives it some more impact potential at closer ranges. They are slower though so ranges were limited. Newer designs allow for a speed increase. But that would take away from the idea of using primitive weapons to begin with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXACTLY!!!! Is Good My Buddy! Perfect Thinking!!!! It Is The Actual After all!!! . I Gotta move On. Not The place.
                      P.S. Ive Seen The Damage That Can Occur To DOLLY! Its Been a Week Since *** Has Had Possession!!! Im Beginning To Worry!!!! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X