applying for citizenship...time line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying for citizenship...time line?

I have a question,I might know the answer but just for those who have more experience and knowledge about citizenship application etc...

I am officially permanent resident since
    dec-2004. Now when can I apply for my citizenship at the earliest time.I know its 5 years,so when in 2009 can I start sending my application out as soon as possible...

and what can I do,to speed up my application?
    what happens after my application has been sent?
    whats next? biometrics again? fingerprints? when is the citizen test due from the time i sent the application in,approx?
    and how do you find out when the official ceromony is,for citizenship?

I'd appriciate answers from those who went through this,or know exactly how it works.

and what is currently the appliation fee for N400

I have a question,I might know the answer but just for those who have more experience and knowledge about citizenship application etc...

I am officially permanent resident since
    dec-2004. Now when can I apply for my citizenship at the earliest time.I know its 5 years,so when in 2009 can I start sending my application out as soon as possible...

and what can I do,to speed up my application?
    what happens after my application has been sent?
    whats next? biometrics again? fingerprints? when is the citizen test due from the time i sent the application in,approx?
    and how do you find out when the official ceromony is,for citizenship?

I'd appriciate answers from those who went through this,or know exactly how it works.

and what is currently the appliation fee for N400

Comment

Did not you get your Green card through marriage to US Citizen? If you did and still married to the same US Citizen you can apply for Citizenship based on three years rule. You have to be Permanent Resident for 3 years. 90 days before your third unniversary you can send N-400. Good luck with new fees.

Comment

Wow,someone actually replied
        thanks, but no.I was married,not anymore thats why the 5 year rule applies for me.

I assume either everyone who got their citizenship isn't a member anymore,and thats why no ones replying,or no is able to answer my "complicated" questions I asked lol..

Comment

In most cases it's 4yrs and 9ms since the date of obtaining LPR status (depends on how did one qualify for LPR status, through employment or marriage to USC or other).

You can search for and find many threads Re: N-400 processing, on this forum as well as on many others.

Good luck

Comment

thanks Rational,

all i was concerned about the earliest time i can file.4 years and 9 months sounds right...

so Sept. 2009 I can sent my application in then

Comment

'am glad it was helpful.

Good luck

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                thanks Rational,

all i was concerned about the earliest time i can file.4 years and 9 months sounds right...

so Sept. 2009 I can sent my application in then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and I will deny ur app. HBKHBK lol

Comment

LOL

Comment

Try this link for a glut of information:
                    http://www.immigrationportal.com/

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JF2007:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                      thanks Rational,

so Sept. 2009 I can sent my application in then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and I will deny ur app. HBKHBK lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you in charge of adjudicating immigration petitions?

Comment

There is a very useful guide on the USCIS web site.

Comment

no rationale, im just being funny, i'm nobody.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">im just being funny, i'm nobody </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same as here

Comment

Working...
                            X