can someone help me please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me please

my fiance just won a DV 2006 and now he has a green card, i was wondering if we got married before he goes to USA do you think i will get a green card too? i heard we should be married in the 1st 6 months when he got a Green Card. please answer my question,
    thanks for your help in advance

my fiance just won a DV 2006 and now he has a green card, i was wondering if we got married before he goes to USA do you think i will get a green card too? i heard we should be married in the 1st 6 months when he got a Green Card. please answer my question,
    thanks for your help in advance

Comment

Your fiance will achieve Permanent Resident (Green Card) status when he first enters America with an Immigrant Visa. Once he is a Permanent Resident and you're married, he can sponsor you for Permanent Residency also.

However, you will likely wait many years for a Green Card. Had you been married before he applied for the DV lottery, and he had listed you as his wife on his lottery application, then you would have received an Immigrant Visa at the same time that he does.

Now, however, there is no way for you to receive a Green Card without a wait of many years, as the number of visas available to the spouses of Permanent Residents are restricted.

Furthermore, once you are married to a Permanent Resident, you will have difficulty obtaining a tourist visa...as you will be presumed to be an intending immigrant. Should you already have a tourist visa, you will potentially have some difficulty at a port of entry for a similar reason.

Comment

how do you post a question on here please

Comment

Sparkle:

To post a question, go to the top where it says "New" click on that and a drop down menu will pop up, then select "Discussion" type your question or brief statement about your concern in the "subject" box and then write a detailed description in the "message" box and then click on "post now" and you're set!! Hope that helps! :-)

Comment

Working...
          X