Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drug charge and interview is coming up soon.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug charge and interview is coming up soon.

Hello, this is the situation, my uncle got married to a US citizen a year ago and is trying to get his green card.

His spouse was arrested around Christmas time and when the car was searched a large quantity of drugs were found. There were several people in the vehicle and she was given a fine, if she doesn't pay the fine, she has to serve 90 days.

I am not sure if the charge is a felony or misdemeanor, but how will this affect the process, when he goes in for the interview?
    Will it have any affect on him at all?
    She is a US born citizen.

Thanks in advance

Hello, this is the situation, my uncle got married to a US citizen a year ago and is trying to get his green card.

His spouse was arrested around Christmas time and when the car was searched a large quantity of drugs were found. There were several people in the vehicle and she was given a fine, if she doesn't pay the fine, she has to serve 90 days.

I am not sure if the charge is a felony or misdemeanor, but how will this affect the process, when he goes in for the interview?
    Will it have any affect on him at all?
    She is a US born citizen.

Thanks in advance

Comment

If all she got was a fine, I'd think it were a misdemeanor and it shouldn't affect his GC application as it wasn't him that got arrested.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Working...
      X