Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extension Stamp in Passport. Can I travel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension Stamp in Passport. Can I travel?

I am foreign national, and my national passport will expire in May. I asked my embassy to extend my passport while they are working on getting me a new one. The consular said he would put a stamp in my passport to extend it for the next 6 months. I have to travel. Does anyone know if I can travel with a passport that has a ˜passport extension stamp?

I am foreign national, and my national passport will expire in May. I asked my embassy to extend my passport while they are working on getting me a new one. The consular said he would put a stamp in my passport to extend it for the next 6 months. I have to travel. Does anyone know if I can travel with a passport that has a ˜passport extension stamp?

Comment

It should be no problem. If you are concerned though see if they will provide you with a letter confirming the stamp is official.

Of course then you will need another letter to confirm that letter was official and then another letter to confirm...

Comment

that is a good idea that i should get them to support the stamp with a letter. thanks.

has anyone else had a similar experience?

Comment

Yes - you can travel - make sure you get the name of the person who stamped your passport but the extension is valid.

Comment

Working...
          X