Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-865 Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address Question !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-865 Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address Question !

I am married to a permanent resident, moving to new address within the next 14 days. My wife has filed her AR-11 today. My question, do I file the I-865 even though we are married and living together, or is that just for sponsors that are not married and / or not living together.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I am married to a permanent resident, moving to new address within the next 14 days. My wife has filed her AR-11 today. My question, do I file the I-865 even though we are married and living together, or is that just for sponsors that are not married and / or not living together.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comment

Thanks davdah, sometimes even when instructions are self explanatory they don't make any sense until someone is pointing it out to you.
      Have a good day !

Comment

FYI, for those of you that clicked on this question because they have a similar question, or wonder what the I-865 is all about.
        I always read postings about permanent residents that forgot or claim not to have known about filing the AR-11, you must know it is not just you that has to file within 10 days, but your sponsor ( which could be your spouse ) that has to file the I-865 within 30 days of change of address. It is important, not just for communication, it's also the law.

Comment

If she already has her LPR status, there is nothing you need to file, just her.

Comment

Thank you for reminding me! ahhhh

My ex didn't bother letting USCIS know, and there is no way of me letting them know because there is no form for that. It is the Sponsors obligation to inform USCIS of their change of address too, especially if you are not living together anymore. Both parties can be in trouble or fined.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Working...
            X