Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just returned from getting an extension on my extension

As previously posted, I had to drive to Charleston SC to have them give me an extension due to my GC expiring on the 5th of april. I got there right at opening (8am) and was seen by 8:30. Because I do not have a passport for them to stamp, I had to go get pictures taken to make a new card. The man really stressed the importance of passports, not only for immigration but for other forms of ID. Anyway, he directed me to a close place to take the pictures and I was to go back when I had them in hand. He told me I wouldn't have to wait in line again, just go straight up to the window. He asked me why I'd come so far and I told him the person I spoke to at the 800 number instructed me to as Charlotte did not do extensions. He said that I was misdirected, which worried me for a moment but we got our card anyway. It is a paper card, with something similar to a notary stamp on it, and handwritten by him, extended to 2005. He said it looked like Charlotte has my file, getting ready to contact me for an interview. So, I guess I'll start preparing I left Charleston at 11:30 am. Oh, the immigration officer told me the letter is not the date to which we go by, thankfully because mine was jan 21.
    I wanted to add that the folks at the Charleston SC office were very professional, helpful and patient with people, even those that just came up to the window. I watched 4 couples with *real* problems get results and walk out with a smile. If they did not have an answer, they went to the back and got someone who helped the people right away. I was impressed with them.

As previously posted, I had to drive to Charleston SC to have them give me an extension due to my GC expiring on the 5th of april. I got there right at opening (8am) and was seen by 8:30. Because I do not have a passport for them to stamp, I had to go get pictures taken to make a new card. The man really stressed the importance of passports, not only for immigration but for other forms of ID. Anyway, he directed me to a close place to take the pictures and I was to go back when I had them in hand. He told me I wouldn't have to wait in line again, just go straight up to the window. He asked me why I'd come so far and I told him the person I spoke to at the 800 number instructed me to as Charlotte did not do extensions. He said that I was misdirected, which worried me for a moment but we got our card anyway. It is a paper card, with something similar to a notary stamp on it, and handwritten by him, extended to 2005. He said it looked like Charlotte has my file, getting ready to contact me for an interview. So, I guess I'll start preparing I left Charleston at 11:30 am. Oh, the immigration officer told me the letter is not the date to which we go by, thankfully because mine was jan 21.
    I wanted to add that the folks at the Charleston SC office were very professional, helpful and patient with people, even those that just came up to the window. I watched 4 couples with *real* problems get results and walk out with a smile. If they did not have an answer, they went to the back and got someone who helped the people right away. I was impressed with them.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation