Help please with filing residency for my husband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with filing residency for my husband

My husband and I just got married in January. We are trying to figure out which forms to file because different websites give me different answers. He lives here, is not a citizen, and we want to be able to travel abroad without him having trouble getting back into the country. So I am pretty sure that we file the I-130 but do we also need to file the I-485? Also, do we need to file the G-325A? And can all of these be submitted via mail or do we need to go to a USCIS office (as question #22 on the I-130 implies)? And do you think his employment status affects the process? Does it matter if he is employed or not here in the US? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of my questions. Please let me know if you need more info for clarity.

My husband and I just got married in January. We are trying to figure out which forms to file because different websites give me different answers. He lives here, is not a citizen, and we want to be able to travel abroad without him having trouble getting back into the country. So I am pretty sure that we file the I-130 but do we also need to file the I-485? Also, do we need to file the G-325A? And can all of these be submitted via mail or do we need to go to a USCIS office (as question #22 on the I-130 implies)? And do you think his employment status affects the process? Does it matter if he is employed or not here in the US? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of my questions. Please let me know if you need more info for clarity.

Comment

Go to live chat

Comment

lilox6,

are you US citizen?
        What's his current status? How did he enter the USA?

Comment

Working...
        X