Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice: Adjustment of Status from Alien to Resident through spouse.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: Adjustment of Status from Alien to Resident through spouse.

Could I complete on my own all the applications with minor headache, or should i get an attorney? and if on my own, what sequence do i file applications. is there a place where i can get help filling out applications. i don't have money to retain a lawyer. thanks for help.

Could I complete on my own all the applications with minor headache, or should i get an attorney? and if on my own, what sequence do i file applications. is there a place where i can get help filling out applications. i don't have money to retain a lawyer. thanks for help.

Comment

You can do it yourself. Good luck. If you screw up, you don't have an attorney to blame.

Comment

You can do all the paperwork yourself.
        If you are doing a marriage based AOS and you entered with inspection
        you need forms:
        I-130 petition for alien relative
        I-485 application to adjust status
        I-765 EAD application for employment authorization document
        I-131 Advance Parole if your spouse intends to travel while the AOS (adjustment of status) is pending and has not overstayed his/her current visa by more than 180 days
        I-864 affidavit of support
        G-325a biographic information (quadrupic form for each of you)
        you also need some passport type pics of you and your spouse

Go to the uscis.gov website for the forms

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

and for specifications on pictures:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...hoto_flyer.pdf

read the instructions to the forms carefully and go over the forms about 2 to 3 times until they start making sense (it can be quite overwhelming at first, but its really not that bad)

all of the forms should be sent TOGETHER in one package to the Chicago Lockbox address.

If you still have any questions as to filling out the forms come back and post these questions specifically, or post them at another good board, such as www.immigrate2us.net

good luck to you :-)

Comment

I should charge $200/hour for reading someone12's sh%t all day.

Comment

$400.

Comment

thanks everyone for the input. quick question? you can mail all the forms in at once? i see that silviamka mentioned a chicago address. what is it? thanks.

Comment

This is the address:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
                P.O. Box 805887
                Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
                Attn: FBASI
                427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
                Chicago, IL 60605-1098

You can also find it when you download the forms at:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

Yes, you can and even SHOULD send in all forms together (if you don't you always have to include the NOA (notice of action) you receive when submitting the first document(s)with the newly submitted form(s) so the CIS can link them together)

Comment

can any body please give me the exact address where i can file my work permit and payroll applications.

there are so many addresses and quite confusing
                  a friend of mine told me to file at Vermont lock box facility and every body i talk to gave me different address.

please help me
                  thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                  X