Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be Naturalized or not?

Hi,
    I have been married for 5 years and have an alien resident card, with conditions removed already.
    Might be moving away to Asia, but not sure if I should still apply for citizenship? Should I just apply for something else to extend my green card?

Would it be a safer bet just to get it? If I do decide to come back later? Thanks.

Much appreciated,
    J.L.

Hi,
    I have been married for 5 years and have an alien resident card, with conditions removed already.
    Might be moving away to Asia, but not sure if I should still apply for citizenship? Should I just apply for something else to extend my green card?

Would it be a safer bet just to get it? If I do decide to come back later? Thanks.

Much appreciated,
    J.L.

Comment

If you are considering moving out of the US, then yes, it would be safer to become a citizen. That way, if you ever do decide to return, you won't have to deal with that pesky immigration stuff again.

The other way to do it is to apply for a reentry permit, but that only allows you to stay outside of the US for up to 2 years. You would have to return to the US to reapply, but there are no guarantees it would be granted a second time. You're also expected to maintain strong ties to the US while you're living abroad, which may be difficult.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

So, you are thinking of becoming a citizen solely for the purpose of meeting your agenda. Go home and stay there, we have too many of you anyway, nobody will miss you.

Comment

This time I agree with NO AMNESTY. These people don't love America, they just come here to pillage.

Comment

To whom it may concern: I have a friend who works for ICE and he told me that the citizenship class and interview are given in spanish, chinese, filipino, russian, thai, hindi, and some other dialects. Way to go!!!

Comment

Working...
            X