Lady Gaga Denounces Arizona SB 1070 at Sold-Out Concert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Gaga Denounces Arizona SB 1070 at Sold-Out Concert

When Lady Gaga raised her forearm at her concert in Phoenix, Arizona, yesterday, everyone could see the words "STOP SB 1070" written in block letters (with accompanying peace signs).

But she didn't leave her opposition to the racial profiling-encouraging law at this silent protest: Gaga took two opportunities during her show to speak out loud against the draconian legislation, telling her audience, "We have to be active. We have to protest. . . . I will yell and I will scream louder. I will hold you, and we will hold each other, and we will peaceably protest this state."
    Read more here
    -BoardWizard

One would think that the ultimate protest would be to deny AZ any income from her concert by not holding it there.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Bet she won't be going to AL!
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

There is nothing about racial profiling in the Arizona law. Any suggestion otherwise is an outright lie.

And it is typical of leftists to validate their opinions from celebrities, as they know they are wrong but need someone to validate their ignorance.

Comment

Dunno why you keep posting that stupid pic fedNUT. She'll be joining Russell Pearce next.
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Originally posted by Brit4064:
            I bet she will. Because political opinions aside, it's still about how much money she makes off of her concerts.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Originally posted by Aroha:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
              I bet she will. Because political opinions aside, it's still about how much money she makes off of her concerts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And who doesn't love Gaga!!!! I agree.

Comment

Russell Pierce will be back in the next Republican primary in 2012 and back in office in the general election.

No Brain Brit hates everything that does not validate his hatefilled opinions.

Lady Gaga is doing No Brain Brit's thinking for him.

Comment

Why is any attention given her opinion? She's a singer. How does that qualify her to speak on the validity of a state's legislation. Doing her concert there and reaping those financial rewards instantly disqualifies her sincerity or credibility. Yeah, she'll protest the state alright. Just as soon as that concert check clears. She's a ho.
                  This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

I'm betting that Lady Gag couldn't even locate Arizona on a map.

I mean, seriously, who cares what she thinks?

Comment

You guys should do your research when you imply Lady Gaga is a ho and stupid. She's actually quite the opposite.

Comment

Ya ProudUSC, I am totally agreed with you Because no one is here who doesn't like her!!
                        trampoline parts

Comment

Why is any attention given her opinion? She's a singer. How does that qualify her to speak on the validity of a state's legislation.
                          Regardless, she has an opinion and under the Free Speech rights in the Constitution, she has a right to voice it, just as you do davdah. By your definition, what gives Cain the qualification to speak on political matters? He's a pizza businessman LOL

Comment

Again, missing the point as usual there Brit. Of course she's entitled to an opinion. The issue is why is her's any more prominent? She's a musician. How does that qualification inflate her expertise and knowledge on subjects outside entertainment? It doesn't. This stunt served two purposes. One, to game her notoriety to an audience that craves identify with someone famous because they lack attention getting attributes themselves. The other is boosting her own ego by manipulating opinion using nothing more than who she is.
                            This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Nobody was implying her view is more prominent than anybody else's. The only reason it's news is because she's famous.

to game her notoriety to an audience that craves identify with someone famous because they lack attention getting attributes themselves
                              Umm..Sarah Palin followers? LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X