Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, traffic court appearence for out-of-status person

Hi,
    Recently I was stopped while driving with international driver licence and issued a traffic criminal ticket. In order to avoid to appear in court, I hired a lawyer to appear for me; after promising that I wouldn't have to go, he finally advised me that eventually I will have to appear in court. My question is: do they check the immigration status in case of court appearence and does anyone from this forum have any expirience similar to the one above...

Hi,
    Recently I was stopped while driving with international driver licence and issued a traffic criminal ticket. In order to avoid to appear in court, I hired a lawyer to appear for me; after promising that I wouldn't have to go, he finally advised me that eventually I will have to appear in court. My question is: do they check the immigration status in case of court appearence and does anyone from this forum have any expirience similar to the one above...

Comment

One quick note:
      -there was no damage to anyone on or around the road;
      -I was clean when stopped, no drinking or drugs or anything like that...
      Stop was made for expired temporary tags...

Comment

Unless things have changed, I've never heard of anyone being asked their status in court.
        Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Working...
        X