New to immigration/starting the process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to immigration/starting the process

My husband and I just got married he is illegal and has been here nine years. He has one child born in the US from a previous marriage (they were both illegal) he has since divorced in the US. We are married and I'm a born US Citizen, we currently just had a child. I wanted to start the process of getting my husband legal. Where do I begin, because he entered illegally?
    Any good LAwyers on Long Island NY

My husband and I just got married he is illegal and has been here nine years. He has one child born in the US from a previous marriage (they were both illegal) he has since divorced in the US. We are married and I'm a born US Citizen, we currently just had a child. I wanted to start the process of getting my husband legal. Where do I begin, because he entered illegally?
    Any good LAwyers on Long Island NY

Comment

Without leaving the US, you can do nothing. The way to go is you'll have to file I-130, wait for an interview at a consulate in his home country, they will deny you and you'll have to file I-601 the waiver to remove the 10 year bar. If approved then you can file I believe for a K visa or I-129. Right now there is no way, he can get visa benefits without leaving the US. The ones that can give best advise is www.immigrate2us.net They can give you step by step instructions.

Comment

Good boy.

Now stick that tongue back out and quit stealing our money!
        Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

take a look at www.immigrate2us.net. There are a number of people there that are in similar situations, many of them have decided to go the I-601 route. It is a really good source of both information and support!

Comment

Working...
          X