Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this going to prevent me from entering the US again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this going to prevent me from entering the US again?

I have a son who is an American citizen and he is 14 now. He was born in the US while my wife and I were there on a overstayed tourist visa.

We lived in the US for 10 years and a half and then we left the country on our own. It has been six years now since we left the US (we have two, 14 and 10) and the 14 years old is considering pursuing college and University in the US in a couple of years.

I am aware of the fact that once he turns 21 he could apply for our residency in the States. My question is: will the fact that we had a long overstay keep us from qualifying under the family category? By the time he is 21 and starts the residency petition for us it will have been more than 13 years since we left the US and never returned. Are we going to be ok by then? Or will we still be facing some kind of bar?

Any thoughts?

I have a son who is an American citizen and he is 14 now. He was born in the US while my wife and I were there on a overstayed tourist visa.

We lived in the US for 10 years and a half and then we left the country on our own. It has been six years now since we left the US (we have two, 14 and 10) and the 14 years old is considering pursuing college and University in the US in a couple of years.

I am aware of the fact that once he turns 21 he could apply for our residency in the States. My question is: will the fact that we had a long overstay keep us from qualifying under the family category? By the time he is 21 and starts the residency petition for us it will have been more than 13 years since we left the US and never returned. Are we going to be ok by then? Or will we still be facing some kind of bar?

Any thoughts?

Comment

You need a compitent immigration lawyer.

Comment

You're barred from reentering the United States for a period of ten years. After ten years, you're eligible to apply for reentry...however, I have no information as to whether you're likely to be successful or unsuccessful.

Your past history is likely to always be an issue when applying for a visa.

Comment

But let someone else tell them that in a kinder gentler way. Besides, you have an ulterior motive and your information may not be valid.

Mods, please remove this troublemaker.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed