X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: Expired OPT work permit

Hey everyone!

My girlfriend is an international student from Japan and currently on OPT with an F1 Visa. However, her OPT expires in December. I don't think her employer knows that her work permit will expire, so I'm wondering what could possibly happen if she kept working on an expired OPT work permit?

There's technically no way anyone (Department of Homeland security or Immigrations) could find out that she's working there illegally. Or is there?!

Thanks!

Daniel

Hey everyone!

My girlfriend is an international student from Japan and currently on OPT with an F1 Visa. However, her OPT expires in December. I don't think her employer knows that her work permit will expire, so I'm wondering what could possibly happen if she kept working on an expired OPT work permit?

There's technically no way anyone (Department of Homeland security or Immigrations) could find out that she's working there illegally. Or is there?!

Thanks!

Daniel

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

There is always a way for them to find out, and it's up to her if she wants to take the chance and potentially jeopardize any future visa.

She could file for an extension, or see if the employer is willing to sponsor her for an H visa, but she should consult a reputable immigration attorney to find out her options.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation