Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father's I-130 and Mother's I-130 filed for a son...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's I-130 and Mother's I-130 filed for a son...

There are two questions here. Thanks in advance...

The parents are LPR at the time of filing the two I-130 petitions(Family 2B). Father's filed on 11/98, mother's on 7/99. Mother's approved and got the priority date of 7/15/99. Father's still hasn't received nothing new but an INS receipt Notice of Action.

The first question is : Why would this ever happen ? Why Mother's got approved first despite the I-130 was filed later than Father's ? Will INS ever approve Father's ?

The parents will soon become USC. Once the Mother becomes USC, she can upgrade her I-130 to category 1A and hopefully by that time the priority date will become current as well.

The second question is : Given the fact that the Father becomes USC, can he upgrade his I-130 to category 1A even if the Approval Notice of Father's I-130 hasn't been received(he has the INS receipt showing that INS accepted the I-130 application) ?

-_-

There are two questions here. Thanks in advance...

The parents are LPR at the time of filing the two I-130 petitions(Family 2B). Father's filed on 11/98, mother's on 7/99. Mother's approved and got the priority date of 7/15/99. Father's still hasn't received nothing new but an INS receipt Notice of Action.

The first question is : Why would this ever happen ? Why Mother's got approved first despite the I-130 was filed later than Father's ? Will INS ever approve Father's ?

The parents will soon become USC. Once the Mother becomes USC, she can upgrade her I-130 to category 1A and hopefully by that time the priority date will become current as well.

The second question is : Given the fact that the Father becomes USC, can he upgrade his I-130 to category 1A even if the Approval Notice of Father's I-130 hasn't been received(he has the INS receipt showing that INS accepted the I-130 application) ?

-_-

Comment

Working...
    X