X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about appealing a voluntary depature

How long does it take and what are the other options

I sort aslyum , was denied on grounds i applied too late , judge denied withholding CAT
    Orginally from Zimbabwe

I am not sure what my next step is I have lived here for 10 years and currently almost doen with my masters in education , I am thinking of moving to Canada going home is not a viable option

How long does it take and what are the other options

I sort aslyum , was denied on grounds i applied too late , judge denied withholding CAT
    Orginally from Zimbabwe

I am not sure what my next step is I have lived here for 10 years and currently almost doen with my masters in education , I am thinking of moving to Canada going home is not a viable option

Comment

do not leave the country otherwise you will have long time of processing but you have to rewrite again on the same web site or ask a lawery on the web site and ask them if volunatry departure needs waiver to re-enter the country,

what I know that if there is an overstay they will put bar on you if you left the country which is a 3- 10 year bar of the overstay?

Comment

Weare going to appeal I am not trying to leave
        I have established a life here I amtrying to get all my stuff legal

I even work with the with trouble youth at my church

Comment

Hi, My roommate once applied for aslyum and it got denied, but she tried again and got approved. Is it possible for you to try one more time?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by said:
            do not leave the country otherwise you will have long time of processing but you have to rewrite again on the same web site or ask a lawery on the web site and ask them if volunatry departure needs waiver to re-enter the country,

what I know that if there is an overstay they will put bar on you if you left the country which is a 3- 10 year bar of the overstay? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Voluntary departure obviates any bar that a deportation might otherwise impose. The OP needs to consult an immigration attorney expert in VD and sooner rather than later as VD requirements are time sensitive, and failing to depart can cause more problems.
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

voluntary departure is a form of relief, if you do not leave within the time allowed , you will be bar for any sort of relief for next ten years and you will have financial panelty upto 5000 dollors.
              if you become eligible for adjustment in future you will not be adjusted because you violate VD. you can appeal the Vd which makes VD time extended till the appeal result.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, my keyboard is sticky and sometime doesn't work properly. specially N letter.
              Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Some brainless idiot just said " do not leave"
                what a dumb f*ck.

Eitherway You have to leave my friend,either deportation or you leave on your own,and won;t have a BAN.

Why don't you even mention from what country you are originally from,ususally that clears the assylum question.,which was denied anyways.

How do you live here for 10 years is my question???
                what degree you might have does no make a difference,I am not sure how often this needs to be said here,no country will care about your education or your masters degree if you don't belong here and asked to leave by the US Government.

My advice, leave on you own and apply legally...

if you think thats not your option,your a.ss will be grass one way or the other.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                  Some brainless idiot just said " do not leave"
                  what a dumb f*ck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  Not necessarily. The OP wrote that his claim for asylum was denied not on the merits, but on the basis that he applied too late. If the OP is in fear of persecution or worse, investigating all avenues of relief while here is wise, as long as he or she does not violate a judge's order.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:

Why don't you even mention from what country you are originally from,ususally that clears the assylum question.,which was denied anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  the OP said "originally from Zimbabwe"
                  The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Regardless of the reason of claim denied. he have order from the judge and he has to follow. There is a law out there which was implemented in Act of 1996 , alien can only apply his claim within a year of arrival... period. there is no exceptions...
                    staying here without any protection, is not advisable. he will become fugitive if he violate the order. DHS has to follow their protocol once he will get caught.
                    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed