Immigration Law Question: marriage fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: marriage fraud

I am currently married to someone who does not have a green card yet. I know NOW that he married me just to stay in the country. I can't prove he is committing marriage fraud even though I know that he is. I am not sure if I can get an annulment on the basis of fraud. I am also not sure if I can report him to immigration officials without any proof.

I am currently married to someone who does not have a green card yet. I know NOW that he married me just to stay in the country. I can't prove he is committing marriage fraud even though I know that he is. I am not sure if I can get an annulment on the basis of fraud. I am also not sure if I can report him to immigration officials without any proof.

Comment

Yes you can report him. And you can get an annulment for fraud.

What has he done that makes you think this?

Comment

Without proof, it becomes a he said - she said situation. The USCIS hear a lot of that and rarely take much notice of it. About the only thing they would do is take a closer look at the marriage inception.
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

Fredy,

You were not there. It is their relationship. You have no idea what is going on, who lied, who cheated, who said what.

If Cinnamon knows (or believes) that her husband committed marriage fraud, it is her right (and duty) to report that. That does not make her evil. Just if someones robs you, you have every right to go to the police and file a complain. It will be investigated and the proper authority will make a decision based on evidence, not hurt feelings.

Comment

The problem is that the law keep chAnging . For example in 1986 there was amnesty , in 1989 there was Nacara and in 2001 I 245 , and I am sure there was a time when people didn't need pappers .

Comment

So Easy! You got proof of previous marriage that still Exist! The paragraph has been partiality deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Canvas prints

Comment

This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

What rule was violated?

I merely mentioned the number of edits and that this was a post about fraud against a USC. What's the big deal?

Comment

I can't find the post anymore, Davdah, but basically on actual immigration questions, you can only post responses that are relevant - no bashing or accusing the poster or others that answer.

I see the spammers post was also removed, but ironically, the spam link left in place.
                          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Here is the original post regarding the rules for responding in threads that are 'immigration questions'. We aren't allowed to post anything irrelevant in those threads and the majority of us have had our hands slapped a few times by violating the rules (self included) by having our posts deleted. This one will probably be deleted as well, lol.

BoardWizard
                            Power Member

Posted 07-25-2011 11:31 AM
                            We are creating a new category of posts called "Immigration Law Question". Whenever anybody wants to ask a question related to immigration law they can preface the subject with "Immigration Law Question:" For example "Immigration Law Question: n-600 for a child" The moderator will, from time to time, designate a post as Immigration Law Question by adding that phrase to its subject line.

The moderation rules for Immigration Law Questions will be more stringent than the rest of the discussion board. Replies that are not relevant to answering of the question raised will be deleted. Posters can continue to post their opinions, whatever they may be, throughout the rest of the discussion board.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BoardWizard, 07-25-2011 01:39 PM

-BoardWizard

Comment

If that be the case, isn't it a requirement the original post have a question? This one did but what ever it was also got edited out. How can you have a question about fraud against a USC when the question itself is censored with the obvious intent of being denied a response?

Comment

Working...
                              X