basic AOS question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic AOS question

I got married to a USC a few months ago. My spouse wants to sponsor me for LPR. What is the the exact procedure for AOS? (I'm already in the US)

What forms should be filed in the beginning and what forms (evidence) are reqired by the time of the interview?

Can we just start with filing:

I-130, I-485, I-765 and G-325 in the beginning

and then file I-864 and I-693 right before the AOS interview?

Or should we file all forms in the beginning?

Do we need any other papers to file?

I got married to a USC a few months ago. My spouse wants to sponsor me for LPR. What is the the exact procedure for AOS? (I'm already in the US)

What forms should be filed in the beginning and what forms (evidence) are reqired by the time of the interview?

Can we just start with filing:

I-130, I-485, I-765 and G-325 in the beginning

and then file I-864 and I-693 right before the AOS interview?

Or should we file all forms in the beginning?

Do we need any other papers to file?

Comment

I-130, I-485, I-765 and G-325 and I-864 in the beginning

and then bring the results of the medical to the interview. And that actually depends on your local office rules. call the 1-800 number and ask. For some places, like Atlanta, AOS takes 3 years, so you need to bring your medical resuls to the interview, because they are only good for a year.

carefully read www.uscis.gov

Comment

you can also file I-131, if you are eligible

Comment

Thanks Lucy for your answer.
          So it's not possible to start the AOS prosess without the Affidavit of Support

Comment

If you do not include the 1-864, they will return your application for insufficient information. For that matter, if you accidently forget to check even ONE little box, they will send it back about one month later and ask you to resend the entire package. I speak from personal experience on this one.

Comment

Working...
            X