Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background check

Hello All:
    My father got an interview on feb 8, 2005. After the interview the officer told us that we need to wait for the background check clearance. Does anybody have an idea how long that will take and what they are checking on? Thanks

Hello All:
    My father got an interview on feb 8, 2005. After the interview the officer told us that we need to wait for the background check clearance. Does anybody have an idea how long that will take and what they are checking on? Thanks

Comment

what type of interview? and where?

Comment

Welcome Buddy !!
        Same with me and same with lots and lots of people.

Background Check does not have any definite timeline. It can take anytime from 2-3 months to 2-3 years...Sad but FACT.

I was told to visit INS office after 6 months of interview date..25 August I will be finishing my 6 months...

Lets see what response i get now...
        Will keep you posted on this board.

TJ
        --TJ

Comment

my back ground check as been pending for the past 10 months! Recently a senator intervened in our case and the INS said that it will make a decission in the next 10 months!

freakin' ridiculous!

Comment

Has any of you called the FBI?
            Sometimes it turns out they have never received the request.

Comment

Hello:
              My father got the interview in Los Angeles for us citizen's parent. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the FBI? Thanks.

Comment

The background check is the clearance from FBI which takes its time.
                Horror stories have been posted here and other forums about it.Some have been waiting for 2 years with no word from the consulate.
                FBI has an email but trust me there is no use calling them or emailing them.Waiting for their response is like watching the grass grow.I have read quite a few posts where FBI responds after 6 months saying they have completed the check and nothing happens after that.
                Please sustain this thread,keep posting your comments and experiences.It is a terrible wait for the clearance and those suffering from it should exchange their thoughts,maybe this could help reduce stress.

Comment

Mine took only 9 days.

Comment

HI.. what is the difference between fingerprints and biometrics... I have them taken 1.5 years ago when I filed my papers... now I have my interview next week and got a letter from the USCIS for biometrics but not fingerprints....... ? thanks

Comment

Read Kalla's posts on this board about the issue (Kalla, I hope you don't mind..). Although the outcome and the last action that had to be taken in that case are not encouraging, there is some good information.

Hint: post in early January.

Comment

Since your fingure prints were taken over one year period, you need to take them again. Basically it is same thing because your old FP expired after one year.

Comment

Working...
                        X