OLD US VISA STAMP AND PETITIONER'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD US VISA STAMP AND PETITIONER'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE

I'm now waiting for consular interview for family-based visa (F2B). I had studied in the the States back in the 80s. I'd lost my old passport with the student visa stamp on it. I'm worried that they might ask to see my old passport showing any previous stay in the U.S. I still have my student card with me. Please can anyone give me some advice.

Question 2: Besides my own birth certificate, do I need to bring along my petitioner's (my mom) birth certificate? She doesn't have on? will a copy of her green card do? Please advise.

I'm now waiting for consular interview for family-based visa (F2B). I had studied in the the States back in the 80s. I'd lost my old passport with the student visa stamp on it. I'm worried that they might ask to see my old passport showing any previous stay in the U.S. I still have my student card with me. Please can anyone give me some advice.

Question 2: Besides my own birth certificate, do I need to bring along my petitioner's (my mom) birth certificate? She doesn't have on? will a copy of her green card do? Please advise.

Comment

what is yr priority date if i may ask?

Comment

My priority date is Nov. 1995

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Vivek,

Will you give me some advice to my questions?

Comment

they won't ask for a passport with the visa you got in the 80s.

As for your mom's birth certificate -- since she wasn't born in the U.S. - you don't need her certificate, just a copy of GC, if needed. You do need your birth certificate to prove the relationship.

Comment

Thank you Lucy. But what is GC?

Comment

Greencard.

Comment

OK. Thanks to all of you.

Comment

welcome, Komund.

Comment

Vivek from Mumbai? Have you been called for interview yet? Best of luck.

Comment

Hi BEBE,
                          That was for my sister who is waiting for visa interview at Mumbai Consulate under F2B category, her priority date is all the way in Aug 1996. thing that I do not understand why her case has been approved and sent to local consulate by NVC since her priority date is not going to be current in near future. Already 4 months passed by after her file reached Mumbai consulate and when I email that consulate they inform me that we have to wait till her date is become current. In your case you will have interview much sooner then my sister's case. Good luck to you.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion Vivek. I was told that when your case is current or about to be current (usually within 1 year), your case would be sent to the appropriate post for processing. So I think it won't be long for your sister. By the way, you should check out the website of Laurel Scott (Attorney). She's really cool and she offers a lot of free consultation. Check out www.visacentral.net and give me your comments later on.

Good Luck to your sister.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I hope for the same. Main problem is every month Mumbai consulate is giving visa under F2B category to not more then 10 people due to visa limitation. At that pace no one knows when person will be called for interview and priority date is stuck at place from almost a year by now. I will check that website for sure and keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
                              X