Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help!!!

Posted 08-12-2008 09:43 PM Hide Post
    i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i should get married or the papers will come through before that

i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i should get married or the papers will come through before that

Comment

what a coherent response....does anyone have any idea what this moron is babbling about?? (other than he is a visa cheat)...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
        what a coherent response....does anyone have any idea what this moron is babbling about?? (other than he is a visa cheat)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't understand this post either. I guess he or she needs to come back with more info.

Comment

I understand it as:

Family have petitioned them. Presently they are dealing with June 2000 applicants.

In June she wants to get married and she will also be turning 21.

So it would be either child 21 unmarried or married.

She wants to know if its likely that the application/GC will come through before she intends to get married or should she wait basically.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
          1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

smithcy, your fiance, is he a USC?
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A few more questions, okay? Did you enter the USA with a valid visa and is your prospective husband a USC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I asked these questions in another thread. I think the number one question is how he came to the USA.

Comment

Ahh..confusion lol

Link to other thread Other thread by OP

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smithcy:
                  i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i should get married or the papers will come through before that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Family 3 is "Married sons and daughters of USC", which would imply that one of your parent is being sponsored and the other and you are derivate beneficiaries. You can get benefits from that petition as long as you are under 21 (according to USCIS, maybe even after June 2009 (depends on when I-130 was approved)) and/or not married.

Assuming that's the background, NO - if you get married before Adjusting status, you wan't be able to get your papers based on that Oct 2000 petition.

If your future husband is US citizen, he can petition for you after the marriage.

If he is not, I suggest you wait and see what happens with the petition for your parent. There is no way to tell when they will reach October 2000. It may be next month, it may be in a year from now.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                    what a coherent response....does anyone have any idea what this moron is babbling about?? (other than he is a visa cheat)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well you big *** i guess you are to dumb to understand what i am saying but power member sprint_girl o7 got it once again this shows how women are more understanding and intelligent than you men

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smithcy:
                      i am from trinidad and my family lives in florida we applied in 2000 october and they have now reached june 2000 but we would like to have our wedding apr of 2009 and i will also be turning 21 june 2009 if i go ahead and marry him will i be able to get my papers we are in the 3rd in the processing time family do you think i

should get married or the papers will come through before that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Family 3 is "Married sons and daughters of USC", which would imply that one of your parent is being sponsored and the other and you are derivate beneficiaries. You can get benefits from that petition as long as you are under 21 (according to USCIS, maybe even after June 2009 (depends on when I-130 was approved)) and/or not married.

Assuming that's the background, NO - if you get married before Adjusting status, you wan't be able to get your papers based on that Oct 2000 petition.

If your future husband is US citizen, he can petition for you after the marriage.

If he is not, I suggest you wait and see what happens with the petition for your parent. There is no way to tell when they will reach October 2000. It may be next month, it may be in a year from now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you so much i will just have to hope and pray things speed up for me god bless

Comment

Quoted by Smithcy
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it once again this shows how women are more understanding and intelligent than you men </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Guys Just let Women Think they are More intelligent! .
                        Just because Guy doesn't Speak, Doesn't Mean He Doesn't Understand! . Those Old Fashioned Ways Long Lost For The New Women Was Actually Very S E X Y !!!!
                        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

In order to have intelligence, one needs to think. In order think, one needs brain. Women does not have brain. This solves the puzzle. As MakeItRight said, us men are so loving and gentle, we make you believe and think you women are smart and intelligent but the fact is opposite and we all know it.

If women were intelligent, we'd had women President. There are more Men CEO's than Women.
                          ........................................................
                          Michael (Power of ILW)
                          Supreme Lord and Chief of ILW.com

Comment

judging from your first grade English skills, I would say that you are about as smart as a cowpie......

Comment

The War Between The Som Original And The Clone! LOL. I Have Just Ordered Costumes For The Match! . Please Dont Let Me down! Cost A Fortune! !!!!
                              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Working...
                              X