No announcement yet.

Got my Notice of Action today from Missouri regarding my I 485- NYC applicant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Notice of Action today from Missouri regarding my I 485- NYC applicant

hi everyone,

just let you guys know what going on and please advice, share your case info.

Applied AOS based on marriage to a US citizen. Sent my i 485 package to NYC Federal plaza in March 2003. Got my EAD in Aug 15 of 2003 by going to Federal plaza 90 days after i got my receipt.

Got my NOA today from National benefit center Missouri . Apparently, they do things differently now so i need your advice as to what to expect.

Here is what on the NOA i received today

It got my receipt numer ...(very useful to keep track of my case)

Case type : i -485 application to register permanent residence or to adjust status.

Received date : march 19,2003
    priority date : march 19,2003

ASC code : 3 (what is that?)

Fingerprint and biometrics

Call NCSC to schedule your appointment.

===================================

When do i expect to have my interview? i know that before, when you do your fingerprint, you would have your interview 6 months after that...

hi everyone,

just let you guys know what going on and please advice, share your case info.

Applied AOS based on marriage to a US citizen. Sent my i 485 package to NYC Federal plaza in March 2003. Got my EAD in Aug 15 of 2003 by going to Federal plaza 90 days after i got my receipt.

Got my NOA today from National benefit center Missouri . Apparently, they do things differently now so i need your advice as to what to expect.

Here is what on the NOA i received today

It got my receipt numer ...(very useful to keep track of my case)

Case type : i -485 application to register permanent residence or to adjust status.

Received date : march 19,2003
    priority date : march 19,2003

ASC code : 3 (what is that?)

Fingerprint and biometrics

Call NCSC to schedule your appointment.

===================================

When do i expect to have my interview? i know that before, when you do your fingerprint, you would have your interview 6 months after that...

Comment

Andy,

Congratulations, it seems your case is moving forward. Like you, I field my AOS in NYC in July 2, 2003 and received my EAD in November 16. Missouri send me a letter in mid September in order to schedule my fingerprints and biometrics. That is when I realized they had taken care of my case.

Let me know what they tell you when you call for the OAS appointment. What date they give you. It will be a great reference for my case (I filed just few months after you did).

Good luck.

Comment

New York goes through Vermont Service Center right? so as Boston right? so the AOS processing time should be the same.

It looks like it's taking 6-8 months to get an interview, and about 100 days to get an EAD from the day you mail them the package.

Comment

cayita,

Seems like they do things fater now because you sent in your AOS after me and got your Missouri letter before me. Did you take your fingerprint yet? How long it take to get your appointment?

look like your case is moving ahead of mine

Comment

Hey Andy,

Did your receipt notice for EAD say it will take between 60 - 180 days for them to make a decision on your case and if it did, then it would be ok for a person to go in after 90 days and request an interim EAD? Also from NY and got receipt from Missouri.

Comment

Andy, BTW, ASC code 3 refers to the I-485 form and code 2 refers to the EAD application.

Comment

Even though if they say 60-180 days to make a decision, you can obtain your EAD in 90 days from the date of receipt?

Comment

gabbygirl,

I guess they start doing it from missouri recently because people sending applications after me get they Missouri notice before me.

I didn't get anything regarding EAD from missouri or Nyc federal plaza...All i got is a yellow receipt from NYC plaza that they got my application. And 90 from that receipt date, you can bring that receipt with you to get an interim EAD from federal plaza.

Search for post in this forum under my name and you will see how i went about it.

i'll go to an Application service center near my house this monday to schedule a fingerprint.

Anyone passed this point please let me know what the next step and what is the wait. I heard that usually they sent you an appointment for fingerprint and AOS interview at the same time. AOS interview is like 6 months after that. Hope i got my interview this year.

Comment

yes, i got my first EAD by sleeping in front of Federal plaza that night before (literally).
                    They do EAD for the first 100 people or some everyday for those who got the yellow receipt that have passed 90 days.

Again, they may do things differently now. Please share if anyone have passed this point

Comment

Andy,

Processing Date for NYC is February 2002 so I would not think to much about Interview date being 6 months after FP. To make an appointment for FP you have to call the 1-800 customer service no. and get it done no need to go there.

Comment

Andy,

As I told you, I filed AOS and EAD in NY in July 2, 2003. In mid September I received the Missouri letter telling me to schedule appointment for fingerprints and biometrics in both (EAD and AOS). I called the 1-800 number and they gave me an appointment for November 6. That was the closest date and it was at the Hempstead office (Long Isalnd - Nassau). If I wanted an appointment in Manhattan they would have gave to me in December or January.

Anyway, I went there and they fingerprinted me and took my pictures for EAD and AOS. They sent my EAD 2 weeks later (the letter was from Missouri again). I have no news about my AOS. I think it will take a while.

Even though I got my EAD on November, I still dont have a SS number because INS hasnt sent my data to SS. They say it is backlog. Do you have a SS number?

Comment

Hi Guys, My mother filed Adjustment of status in October 2002 at NYC dist. office. NYC gave us yellow receipt at a time and we received advance parole after couple of months. Once advance parole expired, I filed for advance parole again and last month got second advance parole. Today we received a NOA for scheduling appointment for fingerprinting and biometrics. Next week I have to call NCSC to schedule her appointment for fingerprinting and biometrics.

Original petition filed my uncle in 1983 (F4)
                          Principle beneficiary (Father) migrated in 1996.
                          Mother came to US in 2002 on visitor's visa and filed AOS as follow to join.

Comment

I forgot to mention that NOA came from National benefit center Missouri.

Comment

cayita,
                              please come back to this post and keep us updated on how it goes...because you had Fp and biometric....and on your missouri NOA, what you have for your received date and priority date.

i'll apply for my second EAD this april.
                              Look like i have more than 1 year for my interview because NYC office is doing Feb 2002 and my priority date is march 19 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X