Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPR and I130

Hi there,

I have some questions to post on the board which I expect your helps.
    1. I (LPR) submitted an I130 in July 2006 to Laguna Niguel to petition my minor child (13), I want to ask if any body know where the application was/is being process so that I can check the current processing date?
    2. I (LPR) have a family at oversea (parents, brothers, and an aunt.) I want to petition them to come over to the US, but I don't whether I should petition right now or wait until I become USC which is about 2.5 more years.

Please give me some advices.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi there,

I have some questions to post on the board which I expect your helps.
    1. I (LPR) submitted an I130 in July 2006 to Laguna Niguel to petition my minor child (13), I want to ask if any body know where the application was/is being process so that I can check the current processing date?
    2. I (LPR) have a family at oversea (parents, brothers, and an aunt.) I want to petition them to come over to the US, but I don't whether I should petition right now or wait until I become USC which is about 2.5 more years.

Please give me some advices.

Your help is much appreciated.

Comment

1)Please be patient. You have just filed a petition for your minor child. In due course you will receive a receipt notice from the service centre where you filed the petition with a priority date on it. Then you can check the processing times.
      2) You can file petitions for your immediate realitives right now and when you become a US citizen then you can apply for an upgrade.

Comment

For processing dates:
        https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ter=California

2. LPR can't petition for parents and/or siblings. You'll have to wait to become USC.

Neither LPR nor USC can petition for aunt.

Comment

How about grandparents?
          Can LPR petition for grandparents?

Comment

Thank you Young Man, but I file in July last year and I already got the notice of receipt. However, it does not contain the priority date -- it's blank.

I file it in Laguna Niguel. Now I just want to know where the application is at so that I can check the processing time at the right processing center.

Do you know????

Comment

You are welcome!

you must be having a receipt number on the notice of receipt. So go to http://uscis.gov and click on "online status" input your receipt number there and you will find the details about your case.

Comment

Hey, young man,

I have the receipt number. I checked the status. But the words stay the same. Therefore, I would just like to make sure where the file is being process. Whether Cal Service Ctr or Nebraska or...

Is there any way to find out?

Comment

I think you haven't checked "online status" you might have checked "processing dates" instead. Because when you check "online status" it does explain every thing about your case including where it is being processed.Try again good luck.

Comment

I have a interesting question about the LPR to USC process upgrade.

For I-130 on "Unmarried son or dauther over 21" category, processing dates are Jan 2003 for USC and Jan 2005 for LPR. Thus, USC are waiting for LONGER !

My mother, who was a LPR, now is a USC. We realized that upgrading the process shall make it take longer (2 more years). For Spounces, the upgrading seems to be necessary, but there is no statment about this on immediate relatives page:
                    http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1306.html

So it seems better not to make the process upgrade. Does it seem a good choice?

Comment

Murilo, in the long run, for family-sponsored preferance categories, the processing dates for I-130 don't matter that much. After the I-130 approval, the beneficiary still has to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available.
                      Take a look at Visa Bulletin and compare F1 and F2B category for more complete picture.
                      http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2978.html

The following article about upgrading and opting out from it could shed some light on the issue: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0725-wheeler.shtm

Comment

Thanks aneri. It now makes sence. But I'm sad to know it may take 7-8 years (1st category suffered 4 years of retrogression).

Looks like 3rd category (married son) is 17 months ahead from 1st category. Does the son's spounce also get the greencard ?

Now I'm researching about H1B visas. Hope it is possible to get one without having to cancel the family based greencard petition.

Comment

Working...
                        X