Legal Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Fees

Many people here complain about legal fees. Someone said that the lawyer charged them a $5000 retainer fee and made it seem unreasonable. Law School cost a lot of money; $100,000 just for tuition. Then there is the bar admission and exam costing a couple of thousand dollars to study for. Many students go full time and lose 3 years of pay; the equivalent of about $300,000 in losr pay. Just to become a lawyer costs over $400,000 in actual and potential dollars. A lawyer has to maintain an office and a staff of paralegals (to actually do the work). And for a small price of $5000, someone gets a lifetime green card that allows them to make many times what they could have in their home countries. Lawyers are not doing this line of work for money obviously. I hope people will start giving lawyers the credit they are due and stop complaining about their fees. Thank you.
    These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

Many people here complain about legal fees. Someone said that the lawyer charged them a $5000 retainer fee and made it seem unreasonable. Law School cost a lot of money; $100,000 just for tuition. Then there is the bar admission and exam costing a couple of thousand dollars to study for. Many students go full time and lose 3 years of pay; the equivalent of about $300,000 in losr pay. Just to become a lawyer costs over $400,000 in actual and potential dollars. A lawyer has to maintain an office and a staff of paralegals (to actually do the work). And for a small price of $5000, someone gets a lifetime green card that allows them to make many times what they could have in their home countries. Lawyers are not doing this line of work for money obviously. I hope people will start giving lawyers the credit they are due and stop complaining about their fees. Thank you.

Comment

you'r just contradicting yourself with that statement. r u ok som? do you have the flue or something ?

Comment

whats the contradiction? I am saying that lawyers fees are not unreasonable.

Comment

i understand, but you have always said that lawyers are bunsh of liars and worthless and now you'r saying their fees are unreasonable

Comment

and to give them credit etc..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
              i understand, but you have always said that lawyers are bunsh of liars and worthless and now you'r saying their fees are unreasonable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said they are NOT unreasonable. I only said they were worthless before I become a lawyer, but now I think they deserve more than what they are getting paid.

Comment

can we get your office number?

Comment

Yes unreasonable I still say.. $30 for a 20 second call is a rip off.
                  I think they even charge not only to use a stamp and post a letter, but charge to **** the stamp too! lol

l ick is not allowed? LOL
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

You are not paying $40 for a 20 second phone call; you are paying $40 for $100,000 of legal advice; thats a pretty good deal !!!! Fortunately, for me, my company paid my tuition, but I still consider that money from my pocket.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michaelthegreat:
                      You are not paying $40 for a 20 second phone call; you are paying $40 for $100,000 of legal advice; thats a pretty good deal !!!! Fortunately, for me, my company paid my tuition, but I still consider that money from my pocket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO Michael..if you misread what $ amount I posted above, what kind of lawyer are you going to make LOL

$100,000 legal advice my rear end.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

$40 is what I would have charged

Comment

For your advice?? LOL

Comment

give me your phone number then and i'll be calling you and i will have my credit card ready

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
                              give me your phone number then and i'll be calling you and i will have my credit card ready </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Send me your name, credit card number, the 3 digit number on the back and your telephone number. This applies to anyone. For a limited time only, I will provide unlimited support and advice on any topic for the reasonable rate of $50 an hour. Once I am licensed, this will increase to $100 an hour. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X