Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign student married to US citizen looking for work permit

Hi everyone.
    I am an international student on a student Visa. I have got married last week to my American wife. Sbd. told me that from the day of marriage I would be able to work full-time in order to support my wife. Is that true? If not, what do I have to do in order to get my full-time work permission? I have a permit for 20 hours a week now but that is not enough to support the both of us. I would really appreciate the help.

Hi everyone.
    I am an international student on a student Visa. I have got married last week to my American wife. Sbd. told me that from the day of marriage I would be able to work full-time in order to support my wife. Is that true? If not, what do I have to do in order to get my full-time work permission? I have a permit for 20 hours a week now but that is not enough to support the both of us. I would really appreciate the help.

Comment

If you applied for and off-campus work permit, then what you need to do now is the same as you did before but under another category. Read the instructions for the application for employment authorization and you should find the right category for you. Also, you have to think about changing your status to that of a permanet resident.

Comment

Your wife should file an I-130 and you should simultaneously file an I-485 and an I-765. See http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm.

Comment

Working...
        X