Filed CA state tax as non-resident - N400 help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed CA state tax as non-resident - N400 help needed

I was out of US for 11 months and hence filed my CA state tax for 2006 as Non-resident (I filed my Federal taxes as Resident).

How do I answer this question in N400 - and what are the implications of answering it "YES"

13. Have you ever called yourself a ''nonresident'' on a Federal, state or local tax return?

Please help.

Hikushu

I was out of US for 11 months and hence filed my CA state tax for 2006 as Non-resident (I filed my Federal taxes as Resident).

How do I answer this question in N400 - and what are the implications of answering it "YES"

13. Have you ever called yourself a ''nonresident'' on a Federal, state or local tax return?

Please help.

Hikushu

Comment

There is only one way to answer the question, honestly. As an immigrant I guess you don't know the difference between truth and a lie.

By the way, you are inelligible for citizenship, as spent six months or more outside of the U.S. within the last five years.

Also, you lied on your federal forms, as you were not actually living in the U.S. at the time.

Comment

Working...
      X