another question :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another question :)

Ok....when my BF came to visit from the UK we talked about eventually getting married....so I sent for the fiance visa app....but never filed it....

After he had been here for a while we both decided we couldnt bear to be apart and now want to get married and file an AOS.....but in all my reading I had a moment of panic over sending for the other app even though it has never been filed.

Also the affidavit of support worries me....I make a decent living but it still wont qualify under the guidelines...any help would be appreciated here....thanks!

Ok....when my BF came to visit from the UK we talked about eventually getting married....so I sent for the fiance visa app....but never filed it....

After he had been here for a while we both decided we couldnt bear to be apart and now want to get married and file an AOS.....but in all my reading I had a moment of panic over sending for the other app even though it has never been filed.

Also the affidavit of support worries me....I make a decent living but it still wont qualify under the guidelines...any help would be appreciated here....thanks!

Comment

No worries, just get married and file your AOS. I know how it is I don't think you'll have any problems.

As for the affidavit of support, you could have a co-sponsor like your parents. That's what we had to do.

Comment

My parents wont...and I'm not sure who i could get that would

Comment

Just remember that the Avadavit of Support is binding on the person who signs it for a VERY LONG TIME! Even if your marriage breaks up and you withdraw your petition, whomever signs it is still financially liable. You may have a hard time finding someone who is willing to do that. Are you sure you do not qualify? The amount is not that high...

Comment

We found that the amount thats was needed was $20000 a year. I live in a small town with limited jobs. I work full time for $7hr and have 2 kids. It pays our bills and keeps us fed, but it wont qualify for the amount specified.

Comment

Working...
            X