Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Transmission thru Grandparent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Transmission thru Grandparent?

Hello,

Ok, I am a bit confused. I am a legal permanent Resident since birth. I am 36 now. I would like to file a I-130 for my 2 children and wife. In addition, My parents (grandparents to my children) are Naturalized American Citizens. I was told that I could file a N-600k and list the grandparents as American Citizens, but someone else told me that the law only works if one of the parents is deceased. So, can someone please tell me the truth? Can I file for citizenship through my parents for my two children if they are American Ciizens?

If not, how can I have Citizenship when I have been living in mexico for the last 5 years. I own a home in the US and a business here in Mexico. Is it faster for me to apply for my citizenship and then apply for my wifes green card or is it better to just apply for I-130 for all of them?

Please let me know, you can contact me privately at Diego_sesso@excite.com

Thank you for your time!!!

Hello,

Ok, I am a bit confused. I am a legal permanent Resident since birth. I am 36 now. I would like to file a I-130 for my 2 children and wife. In addition, My parents (grandparents to my children) are Naturalized American Citizens. I was told that I could file a N-600k and list the grandparents as American Citizens, but someone else told me that the law only works if one of the parents is deceased. So, can someone please tell me the truth? Can I file for citizenship through my parents for my two children if they are American Ciizens?

If not, how can I have Citizenship when I have been living in mexico for the last 5 years. I own a home in the US and a business here in Mexico. Is it faster for me to apply for my citizenship and then apply for my wifes green card or is it better to just apply for I-130 for all of them?

Please let me know, you can contact me privately at Diego_sesso@excite.com

Thank you for your time!!!

Comment

Given that you have been living in Mexico for the past five years, it is my understanding that you have relinquished your Permanent Resident status in America.

A Permanent Resident is only allowed to remain outside of the country for a maximum period of six months, unless they obtain a Reentry Permit which allows a period of absence not to exceed two years.

Furthermore, any time that you depart from America with the intention of making your home in another country, you forfeit your Permanent Residency.

Comment

Working...
      X