greencard and divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greencard and divorce

I filed for my greencard 6 years ago. I've had my conditional card for almost five years and still the condition has not been removed. INS says it's because my husband and I move often because he's in the military, so our process keeps getting delayed.
    But now, after almost 7 years of marriage my husband wants a divorce. Can I still get permanent residency if the divorce goes through before the condition is removed?
    What should I do?

I filed for my greencard 6 years ago. I've had my conditional card for almost five years and still the condition has not been removed. INS says it's because my husband and I move often because he's in the military, so our process keeps getting delayed.
    But now, after almost 7 years of marriage my husband wants a divorce. Can I still get permanent residency if the divorce goes through before the condition is removed?
    What should I do?

Comment

Yes, you can.
      As long as you can prove that you didn't marry for GC all should be fine.

Comment

Hi tash,

this link is for you...

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...11#14110816011

Comment

Why didn't you naturalize before now?

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Still Learning:
              Why didn't you naturalize before now?
              I got bad advice from an immigration lawyer. He told me I couldn't naturalize until the condition was removed from the greencard. So I waited.

Comment

Working...
              X