Proposed Fee Increase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Fee Increase

The weighted average increase for application and petition fees will be approximately 86 percent. The increase in actual costs to applicants and petitioners will be only 66 percent, however, because applicants for adjustment of status will no longer be required to pay a fee to apply for interim benefits. Specifically, this constitutes an average of $438, an increase of $174 (66 percent) from the current average. Several examples of current and proposed fees for specific applications and petitions include: (1) Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card (I-90) Рcurrent fee is $190; proposed fee is $290; (2) Petition for Alien Fianc̩ (I-129F) Рcurrent fee is $170; proposed fee is $455; (3) Application to Register Permanent Status or Adjust Status (I-485) Рcurrent fee is $325; proposed fee is $905; and (4) Application for Naturalization (N-400) Рcurrent fee is $330; proposed fee is $595.

The weighted average increase for application and petition fees will be approximately 86 percent. The increase in actual costs to applicants and petitioners will be only 66 percent, however, because applicants for adjustment of status will no longer be required to pay a fee to apply for interim benefits. Specifically, this constitutes an average of $438, an increase of $174 (66 percent) from the current average. Several examples of current and proposed fees for specific applications and petitions include: (1) Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card (I-90) Рcurrent fee is $190; proposed fee is $290; (2) Petition for Alien Fianc̩ (I-129F) Рcurrent fee is $170; proposed fee is $455; (3) Application to Register Permanent Status or Adjust Status (I-485) Рcurrent fee is $325; proposed fee is $905; and (4) Application for Naturalization (N-400) Рcurrent fee is $330; proposed fee is $595.

Comment

That only means that they are making it a lot harder for people to stay legally in the US. It's like a big money making business by the government. Look at the immigration reform proposed bill asking applicants to pay the penalty of $5,000. If you have a family of four applying, the total is a cool $20,000 for the government. Then, these money are spent on lazy physically able ***ps and homeless on the streets on welfare who are US citizens.

Comment

Who cares.. They have been raising the fees for a long time.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macyuhoo:
          That only means that they are making it a lot harder for people to stay legally in the US. It's like a big money making business by the government. Look at the immigration reform proposed bill asking applicants to pay the penalty of $5,000. If you have a family of four applying, the total is a cool $20,000 for the government. Then, these money are spent on lazy physically able ***ps and homeless on the streets on welfare who are US citizens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          It's $300 or $400 for each family member, not $5,000 each. I don't remember from which article I read it.

Comment

Working...
          X