Petition for Alien Relative I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for Alien Relative I-130

A friend filed I-130 for his daughter over 21 years of age on Nov. 12, 2000, while he was an LPR, and resident of NC, waiting for approval since then.
    He become a USC last Sept. 2005, up graded the Petition to first preference, he received a letters from Texas Service Center in April 2006.
    today he received an e-mail from California Service Center saying that the above file is transfered for processing CSC.
    Now he is the residence of Florida from 2004,and TSC, should be his Service Center.
    Why Texas Service Center mailed that I-130 to California Service Center.
    Will appreciate your info in this matter.

A friend filed I-130 for his daughter over 21 years of age on Nov. 12, 2000, while he was an LPR, and resident of NC, waiting for approval since then.
    He become a USC last Sept. 2005, up graded the Petition to first preference, he received a letters from Texas Service Center in April 2006.
    today he received an e-mail from California Service Center saying that the above file is transfered for processing CSC.
    Now he is the residence of Florida from 2004,and TSC, should be his Service Center.
    Why Texas Service Center mailed that I-130 to California Service Center.
    Will appreciate your info in this matter.

Comment

Hi, I dont have an answer for you but a question. Where did the daughter -over 21 live while being petitioned for? Was she allowed to stay in the u.s.a. and if so could she qualify for parole to travel while petition was pending?

Comment

She has always lived with the family and now she is in the Medical School, and still in the legal status. She can travel outside of the US and enter, right now her US Visa is still valid for one year more. thank god for that. She will complete the Degree in Medical by the end of next year. She already received a job offer from one of the hospital they are working on.
        Parents do not want to be dependent on other's visa when they can do for her. she might go to England to do her FRCS her brother is already a MD working for last 6 years.

Comment

You have to check the visa bulletin that is released mid every month her priority is not current so she have to wait until a visa is available for her.

Comment

Sunita, I understand that she will have to wait, that is correct.
            But Texas Service Center is processing May 2001, and this petition was file on Nov. 2000.at TSC.

I was checking visa bulletin since last sept. 05 untill June 06, they were processing April 22, 2001. and in July again the DOS went backto Jan.01, 2000. If this case would have been at any Embassy or Consulate by now they would have issued her with the Immigration visa. It happened with one of my relatives who was in Kuwait. His petition was file in same month Nov. 2000 and his mother become a USC in April 06, and the applicant got his visa and he is already in US. They (uscis) have no idea what they are doing to the applicants.Who had been waiting since 2000, It has been six years now. The family has to pay the fees as International Student and within few years they will have some set back in their financial matters.
            Now uscis is processing Jan.1998.

Comment

I don't understand how CIS goes back on priority dates while processing immigration visas. If they were processing 2001, it seems obvious that all the processes filed before that date had been completed. But they went back to 2000, then 1997, now 1998.

Does someone know what is going on? Why are they doing this?

Comment

What I understand from the processing dates that uscis has no system at all. uscis and the Department of state, has no understanding how to make good use of the system. In past when you file the I-130 Petitions and as soon it is received by the then INS they used to approved it if all the papers are in order. and put them in the line. First mistake of this uscis when the received any I-130 they do not approve or disapproved it. Then the DOS comes in to and says we contorl the visa numbers. Once the uscis approved the I-130 , send the a monthly list to the DOS, and letter of approval to party to keep the record straight. But they don't want to do.
                Million of peoples suffers.
                I know the case of few persons who's Petitions was file in 2000 by the LPR parents for unmarried sons/daughters, and that petions were approved and send to the foreign post.
                They are here in the United States.
                I suggested to friend that he/she should file the case against the uscis, why this I-130 was not approved/refused since 2000 to date, and the same was said by one of the Attorney whom I know for the last 22 years.
                It clearly indicate the inefficiency of the DOS/DOJ/DOHS,
                The children of USC are suffering on account of this inefficient bureaucracy, and ethinic names also play the part.

Comment

Why don't they file I-485 to Register for Legal Permanent Residenc by the children and attached the copy of NOA received from TSC in Dec. 2000, I think by the time the I-130 is approved this I-485 will be ready.
                  Let see what others have to say in this matter.

Comment

Working...
                  X