Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling on expired visa + pendign i-485 application

Hey guys,

Im married to a USC. my F-1 visa is long expired but we filed for an adjustment of status. We got the i-797c notice for the 485 form.

Should this be plenty reason to not create any headache for me should a TSA employee get all nosy and ask me about my visa and all

Thanks

Hey guys,

Im married to a USC. my F-1 visa is long expired but we filed for an adjustment of status. We got the i-797c notice for the 485 form.

Should this be plenty reason to not create any headache for me should a TSA employee get all nosy and ask me about my visa and all

Thanks

Comment

based on a little that you did say, you need "Advace parole travel document" (see USCIS form I-131) to be able to return. If you leave USA without that paper, your I-485 petition would be considered abandoned.

If you were, at any point, out of the status in the USA, do not travel!

Comment

Quite correct, if you had unlawful presence before filing for adjustment, Customs and Border Protection will refuse you entry and execute an expidited removal on you when you return to the U.S.

Comment

DO NOT TRAVEL OUTSIDE US if you have been out of status for even one day. It doesn't matter if you're married to USC or that you have I-485 pending. You should not travel!

Comment

what a lowlife piece of arrogant slime the OP is...this piece of camel du.ng violated the terms of his visa, thumbed his unwashed nose at our laws, married some village idiot living in a trailerpark and has the audacity to make a statement about our border officials 'being nosy' and checking on his expired (and no doubt acquired by fraudulent means)...well, up yours, you are nothing but a visa cheat and I hope our border officials poke their nose into your bee ess visa and send your sorry unwiped behind back whatever third world cesspool you crawled out from.....

Comment

TSA officers are "nosey"??? They are doing their job dumbass!!! if you don't like it GET THE F OUT OF HERE!!!

Comment

WELL DONE SOMEONE12 AS USUAL!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NO AMNESTY!!!:
                  WELL DONE SOMEONE12 AS USUAL!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm fairly certain S12 wouldn't align himself with a lowlife, racist pig such as yourself.

Comment

TSA has nothing to do with immigration.

Comment

Dont think I was clear in my original post. Im talking about domestic travel.

Comment

I hope that some TSA official decides to be 'nosy'...just another visa cheat.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Should this be plenty reason to not create any headache for me should a TSA employee get all nosy and ask me about my visa and all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should be ok to travel within the USA. I'd make sure you carry a copy of the NoA (I-797c) with you just in case a TSA officer decides to "get nosy". While in a pending status, you are legal, however as Mrs Mani said, don't travel outside the US until you have the green card in hand. I assume you don't have a valid driver license and are using your passport to board a plane with?
                          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

I, too, am a little confused over the thread starter''s stance. If you have knowingly violated the laws, you really don't have the right to expect them to now work in your favor. And, I would not say that them making you pay for the crimes you have committed is them being 'nosy,' I would call it them actually doing their job.
                            Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

Comment

If you are under AOS and never fell out of status. you should get Ap prior to departure, otherwise you will be in big trouble.
                              Nose, ear eyezy etc does not work. try to do right thing then blame others for his nose or any other body part..
                              Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Working...
                              X