AOS interview for unmarried child over 21 category

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS interview for unmarried child over 21 category

My dad who is a USC filed for me.I am over 21 and unmarried.I have filed my AOS and I am waiting for that to be approved.Will my dad have to attend the interview also. Can anyone share any similar interview experience.Thanks

My dad who is a USC filed for me.I am over 21 and unmarried.I have filed my AOS and I am waiting for that to be approved.Will my dad have to attend the interview also. Can anyone share any similar interview experience.Thanks

Comment

Is that the I-130?

Comment

Yes it is the I-130.

Comment

You filed an I-130 and an I-485 together or you filed only the I-130?

Comment

I filed the I-130 in 2000 and that has been approved. My priority date has become current and I have filed my AOS and applied for my EAP.Will my dad have to be present at the interview when my AOS is approved and I get an interview date?AOS has not been approved yet.

Comment

Yes your dad will have to be at the interview and you need to understand that AOS is not a given. There is a process and just because you apply doesn't mean you will be granted.

Comment

BronzeLady

The USC parent has to be at the interview? I have never read that anywhere regarding AOS for USC kid over 21.

Please, provide sources regarding this issue.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Dear Maple,
                    Could you please tell us at what cervice Center was your I-130 approved?
                    What's your priority date and when did you get 1-130 approval? I am a USC filed for my unmaried son over 21 on June 2000 at Vermomnt Center and we still did not hear from them.

Comment

ilug

If you are a USC, and your unmarried son is over 21, and his priority date is June 2000 - that date is "current" now according to the DOS visa bulletin, which is now working on OCT 22, 2000 for Family 1st category.

I would strongly advise you to seek an attorney to work on the next step - Adjustment of Status.

Comment

Hello Mo,
                        That is the problem that the visa is current but the lawyer said it is not available since I-130 has not been approved yet By Vermont Center if you look at their dates they are only on Jan 1999. The lawyer says that we can't file for adjustment since if not an immidiate category we need I-130 approval first.That's why I am trying to figure out if Vermont is really still on Jan 99 or they just don't update their website.
                        Other Family Members

If you are filing based on a family relationship with a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who is other than an immediate relative (which includes married children of U.S. citizens, adult [over 21] children of U.S. citizens, siblings of U.S. citizens, spouses and children of legal permanent residents), you should submit the following:
                        Copy of your I-797, Notice of Action, showing that the I-130 petition was approved

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
                        G-325A, Biographic Information
                        I-864, Affidavit of Support
                        I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status
                        All required supporting documentation as listed on the forms

Comment

ilug

I didn't notice you mention the I130 still pending. You will need to clear that first - then its GREEN from there for the preceeding steps.

I had my I130 approved, but waiting my priority date to become current... which will be anytime soon (I have been saying this for a while - due to the DOS on halt on F1 category for the past 3 months).

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                          X