Congress.org shows 80% opposition to Senate bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congress.org shows 80% opposition to Senate bill

Here's an alert I received from Congress.org.

80% Opposition to Senate Immigration Bill Inbox

80% Opposition to Senate Immigration Bill

Congress Returns from Recess

Immigration Compromise to be Revisited

Senators are back home this week listening to citizens and their views on immigration before returning to Washington to try to vote again on addressing the issue of immigration. The letters to the Senate through Congress.org have run 80% in opposition to the proposed solution which provides a path for illegal immigrants to gain legal status. Supporters call this "earned citizenship," while opponents call it "amnesty." Your action is needed immediately. Write your senators by indicating below which view you support.

I oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants

I support earned citizenship for illegal immigrants

You can also have your letter hand delivered to your Senators' offices when they return. Select the "Extra Impact" option to deliver your letter for $8.95.

On Congress.org, citizens like you can set up their own alerts like those above to inform family, friends and others about issues they think are important. We have selected the three most viewed alerts on immigration. Read them and indicate whether you agree or oppose the views expressed. We will list the results on the recently redesigned http://www.Congress.org.

"Intolerant to Immigrants?" I Agree I Disagree

"Illegal Immigration" I Agree I Disagree

"Immigration Debate & Solution" I Agree I Disagree

Note: The views expressed here are those of the Soapbox authors and do not necessarily represent those of Congress.org. Visit Congress.org to create your own alert on any issue you want for $5.95 for 30 days. You may be featured in future newsletters like this on topics other than immigration.

See all letters by voters, alerts, bills and groups related to immigration.

Here's an alert I received from Congress.org.

80% Opposition to Senate Immigration Bill Inbox

80% Opposition to Senate Immigration Bill

Congress Returns from Recess

Immigration Compromise to be Revisited

Senators are back home this week listening to citizens and their views on immigration before returning to Washington to try to vote again on addressing the issue of immigration. The letters to the Senate through Congress.org have run 80% in opposition to the proposed solution which provides a path for illegal immigrants to gain legal status. Supporters call this "earned citizenship," while opponents call it "amnesty." Your action is needed immediately. Write your senators by indicating below which view you support.

I oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants

I support earned citizenship for illegal immigrants

You can also have your letter hand delivered to your Senators' offices when they return. Select the "Extra Impact" option to deliver your letter for $8.95.

On Congress.org, citizens like you can set up their own alerts like those above to inform family, friends and others about issues they think are important. We have selected the three most viewed alerts on immigration. Read them and indicate whether you agree or oppose the views expressed. We will list the results on the recently redesigned http://www.Congress.org.

"Intolerant to Immigrants?" I Agree I Disagree

"Illegal Immigration" I Agree I Disagree

"Immigration Debate & Solution" I Agree I Disagree

Note: The views expressed here are those of the Soapbox authors and do not necessarily represent those of Congress.org. Visit Congress.org to create your own alert on any issue you want for $5.95 for 30 days. You may be featured in future newsletters like this on topics other than immigration.

See all letters by voters, alerts, bills and groups related to immigration.

Comment

NUMBERUSA AND FAIR.ORG ARE THE ONE SPAMMING THOSE WEBSITE. THOSE ARENT REAL AMERICANS.

Comment

Wrong! You're the one who's not American. Go home illegal!!!

Comment

fair.org and numberusa are known to spam lawmakers website...disregard those post...the polls are more likely to define the american public's opinion, not a stupid website that is being spammed by fair.org and number-usa.

Comment

Jean2005: Perhaps if you actually talked to Americans you would realize that your views on the immigration debate are wildly different from theirs.

As an immigrant to America, I am regularly involved in discussions on the topic of immigration. The Americans with whom I talk are interested in my experiences. I can assure you that, without exception, they want their country's borders secured. Since the Mexican-flag-waving tantrums of recent weeks, I have never witnessed the American people so angry.

The members of Congress will listen to their constituents, not to rabbles of people who aren't even supposed to be in the country.

Do you honestly believe that if the illegal aliens' tantrums had intimidated the people and the government of the United States, I.C.E. would have rounded up thousands of your cohorts in the workplace raids yesterday?

It is also my understanding that the supposed boycott scheduled for May 1 has been abandoned. I guess that the organizers heard the voice of the only people who matter in this country...the American people.

Comment

You mean FAIR and the like "spam" their government, the way Mexico and its minions here also do--to the US government? For instance, in getting the U.S. Treasury to allow financial institutions to accept matricula consular.
              You mean that it was/is only LEGAL immigrants and U.S. citizens marching in the streets, and sending email to US Congresspeople pushing amnesty? You mean the way you write to the U.S. government and explain that you're not only not a citizen, but that you're here illegally--but that they should give you amnesty? You, who claimed to be a U.S. citizen on this site? Why would you stop at pretending when you email a Congressperson? Or, do you just vent your frustrations on this site?

Comment

You mean FAIR and the like "spam" their government, the way Mexico and its minions here also do--to the US government? For instance, in getting the U.S. Treasury to allow financial institutions to accept matricula consular.
                You mean that it was/is only LEGAL immigrants and U.S. citizens marching in the streets, and sending email to US Congresspeople pushing amnesty? You mean the way you write to the U.S. government and explain that you're not only not a citizen, but that you're here illegally--but that they should give you amnesty? You, who claimed to be a U.S. citizen on this site? Why would you stop at pretending when you email a Congressperson? Or, do you just vent your frustrations on this site?
                In China, some banks require 2 forms of ID when opening a bank account. Of course one will have the US passport in their hands. Where do you think they will get the other form of ID? SS card? No, does not have a photo on it. How about a US drivers license? You got it. Other countries have national voter ID cards that have a picture ID on the document. So, I really do not see all the fuss on the Matricula document, unless on can argue effectively that it can be forged easily. But of course, you would also have to admit that driver licenses and US passports have the same risk as well. And you will tend to ignore that piece of information too.

The Matricula document was something the Mexican government created for its citizens who cannot afford a US passport. It has every right to do so the same way the US government is creating a document to allow both Canadian residents to enter into the US and vice versa.

Thus the illusion of tring to be fair but the reality is being, for a lack of a better term, bigoted in your analysis.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
                X