Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

instant reply to I-765 question appreciated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instant reply to I-765 question appreciated!

Hi i have an important question,my lawyer filled both the I-765 and I-485 and submitted both together,i only received a receipt which stated for the I-485 only nd have already done finger print. My question is should i be extremly worried that i didn't get another receipt earlier on that said they got the I-765 or should i just keep waiting for the work permit to arrive?
    Also how long exactly does it take to get the work permit after finger print?
    thanks alot!
    jb

Hi i have an important question,my lawyer filled both the I-765 and I-485 and submitted both together,i only received a receipt which stated for the I-485 only nd have already done finger print. My question is should i be extremly worried that i didn't get another receipt earlier on that said they got the I-765 or should i just keep waiting for the work permit to arrive?
    Also how long exactly does it take to get the work permit after finger print?
    thanks alot!
    jb

Comment

Hi jllybn and welcome to the ILW.

Moving this up for answers from the senior ones.
      Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

You should be. Get an Infopass appointment and go in and request a receipt.

Comment

I had the same thing 2 yrs ago when I applied, the I-485 allows you to work here, so really no need for the I-765. Mine showed up a few weeks later

Comment

I agree with federale86. However, I-485 DOES NOT GIVE YOU AUTHORIZATION TO WORK!!! If you don't have another work visa (H-1B or L-1, etc), then wait until you get the EAD card before you start working. Also, check to see if Appointment notice for your Biometrics referred both to your I-485 and I-765.

Comment

the receipt only states for the I-485 aos,it didn't say anything abt ead. what can i do at this point because i don't knw if my receipt got lost on the way or somthing,please any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
              X