Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immigration Law Question: visa for minor child (F2A case)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: visa for minor child (F2A case)

Is there any visa out there that can bring children of Permanent Residents in the US- some sort of visa like “V” visa? My brother’s F2A case is pending at the NVC waiting for visa number to be available. His case was affected by January 2011-visa retrogression. My brother will turn 21 in July. Because of my brother, my parents cannot live here for a long time. So I was thinking if there is something available out there that unit family during the immigration process time.

I am certain that CSPA will apply to him in case his visa becomes available after he turns 21 because all of the conditions for CSPA eligibility were met. If I read the CSPA guidance correctly, his age froze for CSPA purpose on 11/1/2010 when his visa number first became available. He also filed DS 230 based on approved I -130 which will fulfill “sought to acquire” criterion.
    Please post your knowledge regarding visa that could temporarily unite families when the processing is pending due to visa number availability.

Is there any visa out there that can bring children of Permanent Residents in the US- some sort of visa like “V” visa? My brother’s F2A case is pending at the NVC waiting for visa number to be available. His case was affected by January 2011-visa retrogression. My brother will turn 21 in July. Because of my brother, my parents cannot live here for a long time. So I was thinking if there is something available out there that unit family during the immigration process time.

I am certain that CSPA will apply to him in case his visa becomes available after he turns 21 because all of the conditions for CSPA eligibility were met. If I read the CSPA guidance correctly, his age froze for CSPA purpose on 11/1/2010 when his visa number first became available. He also filed DS 230 based on approved I -130 which will fulfill “sought to acquire” criterion.
    Please post your knowledge regarding visa that could temporarily unite families when the processing is pending due to visa number availability.

Comment

No. There is no non-immigrant visa solution. Any NIV application will be denied.

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I do not want to present rebuttle for all of you becasue I did not post this thread to get your opinion on something else other than answer to my questions.

Comment

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation