Elena Kagan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elena Kagan

She's been approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee for nomination to the Supreme Court. Her confirmation by the full Senate vote will be a breeze as early as next week. Yet another victory of a 'logical' and 'rational' argument for womankind.

She's been approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee for nomination to the Supreme Court. Her confirmation by the full Senate vote will be a breeze as early as next week. Yet another victory of a 'logical' and 'rational' argument for womankind.

Comment

Ha, whatever others think, it's a win-win situation either way. Unity in Diversity still remains the distinctive pillars of the American Experiment.

Comment

Dissent as much as you want your a.s.s., but her confirmation is a sure thing. I'd rather read other informative sources other than Daily Kos your a.s.s.

Comment

Kagan is a low lifer, plus, she is totally unqualified to do her job. No wonder the idiots commie pinkos like Renegade Neighbor likes her so much. What a dumbass.

Comment

Yes, indeed, I do. But just the same way that I submit to the constitutionally ordained process of vetting, nomination, and confirmation. That's how we do it in America, I'm not so familiar how you do it in your enclave. S12 rules by decrees I heard amid yours and Fed86's blind obedience.

Comment

iperson: look at her resume.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You mean she's a kike. I can't believe I said that, lol! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm I guess this is sort of like when you called Beverly the N word. Oh.. did you think we forgot just because you deleted it.. Oh no we didn't you racist p.rickhead

Comment

Renegade N. aka subersive, would you agree then that the constitutionally established immigration laws and regulations are also to be respected with the same emphasis? Go check with your Kommissar, I'll wait.

Comment

Ok, I will do that. But let's do some definition of terms first for a more accurate debate parameters. What do you mean by "constitutionally established immigration laws and regulations" please?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
                      She's been approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee for nomination to the Supreme Court. Her confirmation by the full Senate vote will be a breeze as early as next week. Yet another victory of a 'logical' and 'rational' argument for womankind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of all people, i am sure, you are the one truly vehemently loathing her nomination.
                      If your quote says anything about your way of thinking, then we know well that Justice Homes was famous for opposing "logical" and "rational" in favor of what he considered "experienc"ial. He even called US Constitution a mere "experiment" (and i don't loath Justice Holmes, i admire his honesty).

So, why do you misinform? Why pretend you are in support of what you loath? Or do you hang the quote in contradiction of your real views?

Either way, doesn't make sense and smells like deception.

If so, beware, you fool nobody.
                      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

I beg exception from the charge that was fraught with conjectures, highly speculative premises, and done without solid basis.

I referred to her career as "resplendent" almost a couple of years ago in this thread: http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...41/m/95410010841/p/2

Posted 11-16-2008 04:57 PM Hide Post

Perhaps later, to be honest. I would like to see her taking on the Cabinet post from Michael Chertoff. Her antitrust, business, and federal procedures background would do a lot of good for the country in the short term. She's relatively young.

Other names with just as resplendent careers are there anyway, Sonia Sotomayor of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and Elena Kagan, the dean of Harvard Law School.

Comment

iperson: read davdah's input. Although I don't like him very much he told it like it is. Oh, but there's more, much more. Anyone who is against our military and/or police...well you know the rest. Af for me, I have my Marine, and he would love to debate the subersive renegade neighbor, face to face, still, the subersive has dodged all my invitations. By the way, where' the birth certificate?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                            Her thoughts on the military have been made clear too.

"As dean, Kagan supported a lawsuit intended to overturn the Solomon Amendment so military recruiters might be banned from the grounds of schools like Harvard. When a federal appeals court ruled the Pentagon could not withhold funds, she banned the military from Harvard’s campus once again. The case was challenged in the Supreme Court, which ruled the military could indeed require schools to allow recruiters if they wanted to receive federal money. Kagan, though she allowed the military back, simultaneously urged students to demonstrate against Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell."

Was the focus of her anti-military hostility don't ask don't tell? What does that say given she has no husband or children? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad.
                            Of all classess existing in US, the Military perhaps is the last that has still retained values without which no great society will hold on to for too long. Just too bad...
                            http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NO AMNESTY!!!:
                              iperson: read davdah's input. Although I don't like him very much he told it like it is. Oh, but there's more, much more. Anyone who is against our military and/or police...well you know the rest. Af for me, I have my Marine, and he would love to debate the subersive renegade neighbor, face to face, still, the subersive has dodged all my invitations. By the way, where' the birth certificate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Subersive???? You used it twice in this post, you doofus. At least learn how to spell when you're hurling insults at people.

Comment

Working...
                              X