Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a quota for HK citizens applying H-1B visa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a quota for HK citizens applying H-1B visa?

Hi,

I am HK citizen holding British overseas passport (BNO) and get a marketing job offer in San Francisco. I only get US tourist visa now
    and the employer would like to employ me but worry if it involves large amount of subsidiary. How's the visa application procedure for the employer here? Is there a quota for H-1B working visa and has it been met already? How long does it take to apply the visa? Any money to be paid from the employer and me? Is there anything to deal with from my side? What can i do to proceed the workng visa? Do I need to pay tax for US and HK? How can I do to pay less tax?

I really want to get the job and hope the visa issue can be resolved.

Thanks!!!!

Hi,

I am HK citizen holding British overseas passport (BNO) and get a marketing job offer in San Francisco. I only get US tourist visa now
    and the employer would like to employ me but worry if it involves large amount of subsidiary. How's the visa application procedure for the employer here? Is there a quota for H-1B working visa and has it been met already? How long does it take to apply the visa? Any money to be paid from the employer and me? Is there anything to deal with from my side? What can i do to proceed the workng visa? Do I need to pay tax for US and HK? How can I do to pay less tax?

I really want to get the job and hope the visa issue can be resolved.

Thanks!!!!

Comment

To the best of my knowledge there is no particular country quota on eligible citizens to obtain H-1b visa, rather H-1b visa quota applies to all who apply and eligible for it, on first come first serve basis (each fiscal year), without distinction of Nationality.

Good luck!

Comment

Actually, that's not quite right. Per the Chile and Singapore free trade agreements, these countries have set asides out of the H1-B quotas. I believe it's about 6,000 visas each.

Comment

Thank you for clarification, Aliba.
          I hope it will be useful for google88.

Comment

Working...
          X