Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wife + cosponsor sign I864: must husband also sign?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wife + cosponsor sign I864: must husband also sign?

My wife is the petitioner: she wants to bring her two brothers and their wives from China into USA. NVS already asked for the I864, AOS.

She is retired. Her income is not sufficient and therefore she will use a joint sponsor. Together, their two incomes meet the INS income requirements.

I am retired, with no income.

1. Am I allowed not to sign the I864A if I don't want to?

2. If my wife and her joint sponsor sign the I864, will this make me financially responsible for claims against her brothers? We live in California.

My wife is the petitioner: she wants to bring her two brothers and their wives from China into USA. NVS already asked for the I864, AOS.

She is retired. Her income is not sufficient and therefore she will use a joint sponsor. Together, their two incomes meet the INS income requirements.

I am retired, with no income.

1. Am I allowed not to sign the I864A if I don't want to?

2. If my wife and her joint sponsor sign the I864, will this make me financially responsible for claims against her brothers? We live in California.

Comment

Are her brothers so bad that you have to worry about it?
      If yes, then consult an attorney who is verced in specifics of I-864/third party beneficiary/matrimonial relationship.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X