Time Frame for I130 notice of receipt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Frame for I130 notice of receipt

My husband filed our I130 at beginning of June. Should we be concerned that we haven't received a notice of receipt yet? My husband lives in Florida, I'm in Canada. We are waiting for the 797(?) to file for the K3 Visa. I'm doing this the right way.
    Please tell me if I'm worried over nothing.

My husband filed our I130 at beginning of June. Should we be concerned that we haven't received a notice of receipt yet? My husband lives in Florida, I'm in Canada. We are waiting for the 797(?) to file for the K3 Visa. I'm doing this the right way.
    Please tell me if I'm worried over nothing.

Comment

I never did receive a notice of receipt for my I-130 - about 3 months after I filed, I received a notice for an interview. At the interview, we were told the I-130 was accepted. Did not hear anything more for two years and then suddenly got a letter from the NVC requesting money.

Whenever you send something to immigration, you should send it priority post with delivery confirmation. That was, you can track the delivery of your documents and you will know exactly when they were received. I always do this now.

Comment

Hi amarceau..

You are doing it in a right way.

Does your husband have a "delivery confirmation"?
        Has the check been cashed? If yes, can he access it and look for file number (it is written on the back). With that information you can find out a lot.

USCIS has been busy lately and they did post a NOTE about late NOAs on their web-site.

Comment

We did send it priority post and we verified that it was delievered the day after sending. It was a money order and not a personal cheque so I'm not sure how to verify if the money order was cashed or not.
          I guess I'm just being a little impatient. I just miss my husband

Comment

check this out:
            http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/...7=All&dfile=No

search also under Visa Timelines ->IR1/CR1 -> Expended Timelines

that will give you an idea how it worked for others. Good luck

Comment

uscis need to apprved your Petition I-130 first, Once it has been approved they will mail to NOA with your processing date.
              In some case of USC filed in 2000, for unmarried sons and daughters are still pending approval.
              In your case it shpould be fast spouse of USC.

Comment

Still haven't recd our NOA for the I130. I'm really starting to get concerned. Most of the timelines I've been finding on the web all NOA's are received within 2 weeks. Seriously, should I be worried? Our application was received by them on June 14th, We are going on 4 weeks.

Comment

What Service Center?

Comment

Texas Service Center

Comment

I really need someone to set my mind at rest here. My husband sent off my I130 on June 13 to the Texas Service Center. We have confirmation that it was received on June 14th. We sent a money order which we have confirmed as of today still hasn't been cashed. Is this normal? Should it take over 30 days to get back the 797?

Comment

Still no NOA received as of today - this waiting is a killer

Mailed I130 - June 13th
                        Confirmed received - June 14th
                        Money order still not cashed
                        Still NO NOA

Comment

Just forget about it.

Sooner or later you will get the I-797.

Good luck,

IE

Comment

easier said then done

I know the one day that I don't think about it it will show up -- right ?

Comment

Actually easier done than said

Comment

Working...
                              X