tps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tps

hello everyone,been reading posts and most are very informative.my question is one about marriage with someone who is on TPS.here goes..
    "if a person is legally living here on temporary protected status,and they inturn marry
    someone from Canada say,what do they do so the person from "canada" can legally work,the person from "canada"has a number issued for tax purposes only.and would like to have the correct documentation in order to continue living here.they were married in the usa over 3 years ago and file joint tax returns,so this wasnt a "marriage of convenience"

hello everyone,been reading posts and most are very informative.my question is one about marriage with someone who is on TPS.here goes..
    "if a person is legally living here on temporary protected status,and they inturn marry
    someone from Canada say,what do they do so the person from "canada" can legally work,the person from "canada"has a number issued for tax purposes only.and would like to have the correct documentation in order to continue living here.they were married in the usa over 3 years ago and file joint tax returns,so this wasnt a "marriage of convenience"

Comment

Apparently, nothing person with TPS can do. I found the following at an immigration law site regarding to family benefits under TPS:

If approved the applicant cannot be removed or deported from the U.S. and the applicant receives employment authorization for a specified period of time. Each member of the family must meet the eligibility requirements and apply independently to receive the benefits of TPS.

If you can't sponsor a spouse for TPS, then I doubt you can sponsor him for anything else. [I'm not a lawyer.]

Comment

thanks for your input

Comment

For a spouse to qualify for TPS late registration (since there is no current new registration for TPS), that spouse has to independently qualify in all ways except for being late. Inother words, they must also come from a country currently granted TPS. Canada is not one of those countries.

Comment

Working...
          X