strange setuation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange setuation

a friend of mine got married to a u.s citizen in jordan 6 months ago..they went through the counsolate process,,he entered the u.s on k-3 visa..and then they filed the i-485 and all that..and he called me today and i was shocked when he told me that he got his green card,,but he recieved the 10 years card straight?lol..how in the h e l l this happened? he entered and they filed for the adjustment and 6 months later he recieved the 10 years card...and i mean k-3...not cr-1 or ir-1 ...k-333333333333333 lol..and they have been married for almost a year only,,so how?

a friend of mine got married to a u.s citizen in jordan 6 months ago..they went through the counsolate process,,he entered the u.s on k-3 visa..and then they filed the i-485 and all that..and he called me today and i was shocked when he told me that he got his green card,,but he recieved the 10 years card straight?lol..how in the h e l l this happened? he entered and they filed for the adjustment and 6 months later he recieved the 10 years card...and i mean k-3...not cr-1 or ir-1 ...k-333333333333333 lol..and they have been married for almost a year only,,so how?

Comment

ok my fault,,,they got married 13 months ago,,she went there and they lived together ,,they process through the embassy ..he entered the u.s in may 2007 on k-3..filed for adjustment ..and now he got the 10 years card? how

Comment

i was asking him about his trip,,and then i said well,,it's still early to talk about this,,but later i will remind u when u have to file to remove the condetion on ur card,,,and he said what condetion,,and i said well,,u got the 2 years card and later on and i start telling him and then he said,,wellmine is 10 years?and i said what r u talking about?and he said,,well it expired in 2017?and i went ...what r u talking about?and he said it is the 10 years ,,and i said no way,,r u sure,,and he said offcourse iam,,iam looking at the card..lol....i have never ever heard of something like this .what do u guys think

Comment

i mean IR-1 and we understand,,but k-3?

Comment

Money talks...your friends USC must be caucasion, father has "connections".Probably "daddy's little princess" so what she wants, she gets.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Any update on how this strange situation occurred? Does this mean that the USCIS have varying rules?

Your cats make me laugh!
              Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

lol... actually i still dont have any idea how this happened .. i never heard of something like that ...i know u get the 2 years card and then i-751 etc..... he entered the country on k-3 visa and he filed the adjustment and then recieved his 10 years card , no idea how

Comment

It happens

They made a mistake

He still needs to file for his 1 year GC 2 years - 90 days after he got his GC.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:

He still needs to file for his 1 year GC 2 years - 90 days after he got his GC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why would he need to file if he has a 10 year G/C ?

Comment

hmmm ,,u c ,this is the problim,,the uscis will never addmit their mistakes,,so if they issue the 10 years by mistake they may go after him later and say that he never filed i-751 etc... and they may even try to deport him,,and on the other hand ,,he recieved a 10 years card and it's not his fault , so to me , it's a complecated thing to deal with

Comment

and i dont think anyone can give a straight answer bcoz i dont think this ever happened before ,,at least for me..i never heard of a setuation like this before

Comment

Mike.. if that had happened to me, I think I would have to double check with USCIS, to make sure they hadn't made a mistake, unless they have been married over two years??

maybe he gave you the wrong dates when they married, if he has been in country since may that is 9 months, so it only took them 4 months from date of marriage to get the K3 visa, it seems pretty quick, but then again I dont really know what the processing times are on a K3

Comment

actually no they were not maried over 2 years,,,he ntered on k-3 and they were married for few months only,,,but if they made a mistake,i think he is screwed then lol , bcoz he got divorced shortly after he recieved his gren card and if this is true that they made a mistake ( which i think it's ) he never filed the i-751 with his ex and now he's in trouble . lol

Comment

Oh Dear!! but the 751 is to remove conditions isn't it, so if he does have the 10 year card, he wont have to remove conditions, but he may get caught out if he applies for Citizenship or when he applies to renew his 10 year G/C

Comment

Working...
                              X