Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't the "U.S." control it's illegal immigration problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't the "U.S." control it's illegal immigration problem?

Why didn't the "U.S." control the illegal immigration problem over the past ten years or so? Illegal immigrants are guilty of breaking the law. What part has the U.S. played in allowing this situation to evolve to what it's become today in need of another reform?

Comment as to who and why it's been an advantage?

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you.

Why didn't the "U.S." control the illegal immigration problem over the past ten years or so? Illegal immigrants are guilty of breaking the law. What part has the U.S. played in allowing this situation to evolve to what it's become today in need of another reform?

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you.

Comment

I think this is rather easy! The political issue - the republican controlled house and senate - the business owners (usually republican voters) are protected (under the table) by the republican party. These businesses benefit from illegal workers, so the government doesn't do anything. When Bush took office, it was on his agenda to reform the Immigration Service. He's been dragging it around since then!
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

And, I'll add that NOT fixing the borders after 911 and failing to protect Americans from an outside invasion has been a CRIMINAL ACT on behalf of THIS ADMINISTRATION AND THE REPUBLICAN-CONTROLLED CONGRESS up until now - THE VERY SAME POLITICAL PARTY THAT OUR RESIDENT MORONS BELOW SUPPORT.

*AND* the very fact that they direct their hate and dissatisfaction TOWARDS the illegal aliens and NOT our government for failing to seal our borders from them IS PROOF that these people are bitter miserable racists.

Comment

Interesting to note that most of the Conservative Media is careful to diassociate itself from the Republican Party.

Easy answer is follow the money.

Comment

The correct question is, why do native Americans didn't control illegal immigration problem in the 17th century? that was really a problem for native indigenous people, they had to see how those illegal raped indigenous women, took their land, exterminated their race ,I almost forgot to mention how indigenous people had to experience being slaved.

so, if you compare xvll century illegal immigration, with today's immigration, obviously today's immigration is a lot better.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora:
              Why didn't the "U.S." control the illegal immigration problem over the past ten years or so? Illegal immigrants are guilty of breaking the law. Groups of Americans are anti-immigrant because of this. Any Anti-American groups out there now because of the U.S. having been so laxed? What part has the U.S. played in allowing this situation to evolve to what it's become today in need of another reform? Is it about money and the global corporations? In what ways have illegal aliens benefited themselves and the U.S. also. If there hasn't been any benefit, why didn't the U.S. censor employers, strengthen the border and consistently perform ICE raids, etc. etc.?

There are so many comments about the grief illegals have caused this country. By the same token, an open-minded and realistic person would see an issue from more angles than one. Remember, there's two sides to a coin.

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora:

Please respond with serious, enlightening comments pertaining to this question and not expressions of hatred. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                The problem with illegal immigration is a combination of ineffective immigration bills from 1986 to present, over 8000 miles of open border both in the North and South, a failure to meet the demands of the changing migration demographics, and a few other conditions. The US has increased enforcement for the past 10 years by increasing Border Patrol Agents from 3000 to 10000, increased fines, increased penalties, and have built a fence in California near Tijuana, Mexico. And yet, illegal immigration has still increased. It is more of a byproduct of a failed immigration system than those who simply "break the law." Building a fence on the Southern border alone would cost more than $10 billion dollars with an operational budget of about $2 billion for maintenance. CBP budget this year does not exceed $7 billion.

Until reasonable solutions are made, it will continue to be a problem even if a high tech fence is built or employers face larger fines.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hudson:
                  It is more of a byproduct of a failed immigration system than those who simply "break the law." Building a fence on the Southern border alone would cost more than $10 billion dollars with an operational budget of about $2 billion for maintenance. CBP budget this year does not exceed $7 billion.

As always, interesting input. As I've said many times, the U.S. has allowed this. The numbers have skyrocketed. What used to be only males crossing the border there's been many, many more females recently. Reminds me of my analogy of the U.S. and Dr. Albert Schweitzer when he was in Africa leaving his cabinet door open. Missing items until he put a lock on it.

Former President Vincente Fox was one of the first saying the U.S. will come up with some type of guest-worker program and not build the fence. I think he and others will be proven right. (They might need the guest-worker program to hire the Mexican's to build it!)

I also sense from recent readings that the U.S. will impose more requirements/fines on employers. American's complained about our border security and they're also expecting to see more imposed on employers. Since border security has been on the table it's nearing time they'll expect something done about how employers will be dealt with. The U.S. has to make a "showing." If only temporarily, they'll be appeased one way or another until real reform will be implemented.

Comment

A poem by Bill Dahl
                    DISCRIMMIGRATION
                    http://www.ilw.com/articles/2007,0226-dahl.shtm
                    http://billdahl.net/

Comment

Cut off the source of income and illegals will have to either return home, or turn to criminals act to sustain themselves. If employers of illegals will be levied a $100K fine per illegals employed, do you think they'll dare risk it? Streamline the reporting process so competitors can reports each other, then you'll have an effective watch dog group. It'll only take one to start the dominos to falls.

Comment

Just for a bit of peace of mind, I suggest that everyone pick up an immigration law book,and read the codes and annations. Because the U.S. states " That any marrige between a U.S. citizena and a forgion citizen is reconized as a U.S. citizen regradless of where they came from." That's why we have so many immigrants, and there really is no true what to have control over it when we allow certian Countries to come into the United States with NO VISA or anything,. Check out the Visa Waveir Program there are about 15 countries that can come here with out a visa, and when they do they OVER STAY!! bottome line

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marmaduk:
                        Cut off the source of income and illegals will have to either return home, or turn to criminals act to sustain themselves. If employers of illegals will be levied a $100K fine per illegals employed, do you think they'll dare risk it? Streamline the reporting process so competitors can reports each other, then you'll have an effective watch dog group. It'll only take one to start the dominos to falls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        Rose

Comment

"" That any marrige between a U.S. citizena and a forgion citizen is reconized as a U.S. citizen regradless of where they came from."

Care to point the codes and annotations that states what you've stated above?

The problem in illegal immigration lies more in the porous southern border. McCain once stated there about 4 million illegals crossing into the US from Mexico, half of them cross in Arizona. With the US Border patrol apprehension rate ranging anywhere from 1 to 4, to 1 to 8, you can deduct yourself the high number of illegals pouring in.

Now, what proof do you have in saying that ppl from Visa Waiver countries comes in and then overstay after the VWP duration expires???

Ignorance is really a bliss sometimes....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora: Why didn't the "U.S." control the illegal immigration problem over the past ten years or so? Illegal immigrants are guilty of breaking the law. What part has the U.S. played in allowing this situation to evolve to what it's become today in need of another reform?

Comment as to who and why it's been an advantage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
                            Another one of S12's classic postings:
                            obviously you have not seen the overcrowding of public schools in many states, hospitals suffering huge financial losses because irresponsible dirtbag illegals run up huge bills and never pay..and wages in many industries (construction comes to mind) are depressed to pre 1980 levels because illegals work for $5 a day....that is why we don't want illegals here....they do not make the US a success because these jagoffs pick lettuce... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on! come on! you and your lieutenants have already made your point (many times) but it's high time for you to confront the question and offer a valid/acceptable answer.

"if illegal aliens are so unwelcome, why are they here, staying here, and increasing in number by the day."

i'll do it for you, i know you so well by now:
                            a) they are stupid
                            b) they are irresponsible
                            c) they have no respect for laws/rules
                            d) they are d i r b a g s / d o u c e b a g s
                            e) they marry village idiots
                            f) they drain resources
                            g) they burden taxpayers
                            h) they commit crimes
                            i) they drive unlicensed/uninsured
                            j) they depress wages
                            k) they are supported by morons
                            l) they are simply s u c k s
                            m) etc., etc., etc., and
                            n) all of the above

ok, ok, ok, but the last time i checked, there are more comings than there are goings. i don't have solid figures but i know i'm right.

then you will turn my attention back to (a) to (n) above. but.... my/our question is still dodged.

ok, i'll help you further. companies that harbor/abet illegal immigration (workers/aliens) are having their days in court, being convicted, fined, incarcerated, etc. raids are staged at meatpackers (on identity theft grounds) and workers are detained/removed, those who are removed are back into their trailer abodes after two weeks on the average. national guards are deployed to assist border enforcement, real-time cameras are installed.

the legislature has held off on the extension of section 245i coverage up to 2003 due to 9/11. that's understandable. the dream act and agjobs are still languishing in isolation. then came the real i.d. act and secure fence act, that drew negative responses this early esp from affected states' officials, budgetary and logistical concerns are foremost among many.

then you will turn my attention back to (a) to (n) above again and again and again and again. but.... my/our question is still dodged and deflected.

please, we have listened to you long enough, it's time for you to listen to us this time.

explora:
                            i posted this in another thread, but its substance is also or more relevant here.

m)etc., etc., etc., above can be filled in by: they remitted $30B home last year for beer and tobacco instead of spending for their brats' schooling

(by the way, the official estimate of dollar remittances last year was up to $25B for mexico alone!)
                            http://worldloveaffair.com

http://aforeignkiss.com

http://foreigndelight.com

Comment

And what exactly is the question?

Comment

Working...
                              X