Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student problem

Hi here,
    I am an f-1 student. I have been out of statut for several months and then all come around good. Now, i would like to see my mother in West Africa, but i am afraid. they say, it's a risk for me, cuz, they wont give a me a visa or it will take 4 -6 months to get it. What can i do, I really wanna kiss EVERYTHINGS

Hi here,
    I am an f-1 student. I have been out of statut for several months and then all come around good. Now, i would like to see my mother in West Africa, but i am afraid. they say, it's a risk for me, cuz, they wont give a me a visa or it will take 4 -6 months to get it. What can i do, I really wanna kiss EVERYTHINGS

Comment

Do you have a current I-20? What is the expiry date on your visa?
      Originally posted by Roca:
      Hi here,

Comment

Yea, i have a current and will expiry in August. I am going to start my college soon.

Comment

Roca,

Where you granted that F1 Status in West Africa or in the US? If it was granted in the US then you will have to go to the US Embassy in your country to have them physically put the visa in your passport before you come back. You will need (for that process) proof that you were in school - a letter from the dean of students or DOS and transcripts - which you do not have sooooooooo there is a problem. The same goes for the renewal of the current visa if it is already in your passport. I would say, go to school. Maintain that status, then go home.

Comment

Oh and then kiss EVERYTHINGS.

Comment

Sergio, I am In statut since last October. And i came here with a F-1 stamped in my passport..But i am still afraid..My mother is my Everyhtings..Thanks

Comment

If you are in status, get a letter from the DOS that you are attending college and you are in good standing and you will be fine. Here is what I would do if I were you. Gather all proof that I am in college. Transcripts, statements of accounts, a letter from one of your lecturers/instructors/teachers, a letter from one of those international student groups on campus (if you have one) and anything right down to receipts of when you bought books. Other people would probably need just a transcript and a letter but you said you are from West Africa so gather everything. If you are from Nigeria - get everything. I am sure you know why. Is your mom not in good health?

Comment

how you know, my mother is seek..And nobody know tomorrow...I can get all those stuff. Before summer vacation, I will be ready to get it. Do u know about Canada ? (some people said that I can go there and then revalid it and then go where i want)
                  Thanks very much

Comment

Roca,

I am sorry to hear that your mother is not well. If you are going to have all that documentation then it would be wise to go and do it in West Africa. They will still ask for that bank statement again. Canada??? I am not sure. I know people used to go to Mexico for the same procedure. I have not heard much about it these days. Sounds risky. I know you have learnt your lesson.

Comment

Yea Sergio, Bank Statement ****you know what i means....

Comment

Working...
                      X