Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does FBI background check take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does FBI background check take?

Dear All!
    I provided my fingerprints to the Brooklyn Application Processing Center on January 07, 2004. Yesterday I receive a notice of action informing met hat my interview is scheduled for June 02, 2004 at the NYC office.
    From your experiences, how long does it take for fingerprint results to get back to Immigration? I am just wondering as I would love my passport to be stamped that day. My AOS is based on a mariage with a USC.
    Thanks for your input.

Dear All!
    I provided my fingerprints to the Brooklyn Application Processing Center on January 07, 2004. Yesterday I receive a notice of action informing met hat my interview is scheduled for June 02, 2004 at the NYC office.
    From your experiences, how long does it take for fingerprint results to get back to Immigration? I am just wondering as I would love my passport to be stamped that day. My AOS is based on a mariage with a USC.
    Thanks for your input.

Comment

fingerprints only take about 2 weeks for a result to show up. If your prints are identified (i.e., you've been arrested previously either by CIS or some city/state entity) it may take another 2-3 weeks for the rapsheet (listing what you were arrested for) to come in. There are several different background checks and an FBI name check (which is different from the fingerprints that are sent to the FBI), the 2 other checks that are required can take considerably longer. Be sure to bring everything you were requested to bring to the interview.

Comment

Thanks a lot Bronzelady. As a matter of fact I have never been arrested for anything, so I guess Iam cutting back 3 weeks n the process
        I have time to gather everything and will do so in order to be ready for the interview.
        Thnaks again!

Comment

Kalla,

How long was the process from when you sent out the n400

Comment

My FBI background check is not related to N400 (naturalization) but to I-485 (Adjustment Of Status).

Comment

kalla,
              what is your priority and receipt date on i485 noa...mine is march 19/2003. AOS is marriage based with USC. I will have fingerprint the 28th of this month. I will do biometrics for my second EAD on that date too.

Comment

my I-485 NOA date is.......September 23/2002...you still have a long way to go even though it looks like the NBC in MO is doing a good job processing the applications.
                Good luck to you Andy!

Comment

thanks for the reply Kalla, did you mean the priority date on your NOA is sept 23/2002 or you got the NOA on sept 2002.

Even though i'm 6 months behind you in the AOS waiting line, it's great to know that your case takes less than 2 years to get an interview. After hearing many bad news here, it's such a big relief.

6 months behind you can mean a year or more till i got my interview....but i think it's possible that i can get my interview at the end of this year or early next year.
                  Finally, i can take my fingerprint and not worry about it expires before my interview. Apparently, fp last 15 months.

Comment

Andy,
                    Priority date on NOA is Sept 23/2002...reasoning logically, you should be able to get your interview around December04/January05.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Kalla,

I was waiting on your email but never received it. W***UP??

Listen man, I am happy things are moving along for you as well. Good luck with everything.

Just like you, I have been wondering how long will the FBI background take for my result to come back.
                      I went to my interview as you know and everything went fine but now I was told I had to wait for the result to come back and that when it arrives, they will send me a letter to come in and get my passport stamped.
                      It has been 12 days today (since my interview) and I haven't heard anything yet.
                      It's a bit frustrating but what can I do besides wait and wait...
                      My dad is seriously ill back home and i'd like to go see him before something happends to him. But I cannot do that until I get my GC.

Comment

Boristos!
                        I sent you an email last night precisely...I am surprised that you did not get it. ..I think you have to be a little patient as you only gave your fingerprints 1 1/2 before the interview. Like the lady said, allow 2 to 3 weeks and then since she exchanged numbers with your wife, your wife can call her to inquire!
                        Hope everything will be fine for your pops!
                        Keep your spirits up bro!

Comment

I had my fingerprints taken during the last week of December 2003 and when i went to my AOS interview on March 16, 2004 my background check results were in.

I am based in Maryland.

Hope it helps

Comment

Thanks Kenny, it sure gives me an idea!

Comment

When I was posting this thread..never actually knew I'll be in that miserable situation "Approval pending clearance" it really S U C K S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X